“Great service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Restaurant Larende

You added Hotel Restaurant Larende to your Saves list
Hotel Restaurant Larende
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   De Clercqstraat 115, 1053 AJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Offers & Announcements
Save on Activity tickets
Ranked #25 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
Michigan
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel larende last night and had a great experience! The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was very good as well. We wanted to stay another night, but we waited too long and they were sold out. The management went way being the call of duty and found us another hotel nearby and even let us use their bikes after we had already checked out. Great service in a very busy city.

Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Situated in Oud West an eight minute tram ride to Central Amsterdam this is a hotel that shows many of the more well known hotel chains how to satisfy customers. It has a fifteen rooms and our room was spotlessly clean. The main room is spacious for a European hotel. Yes the bathroom is small.but it has been upgraded with modern taps etc. the other room has a small balcony. The buffet breakfast was ample for us with fruit salad and lovely very fresh croissants my choice. There were plenty of happy faces and positive comments from our fellow breakfasters. The staff led by Murat could not be more helpful and friendly. Special mention to Indi for her assistance. Murat was especially helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We returned late one night and the duty manager organised pizzas and drinks to have in the restaurant and the pizzas were delicious. I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

The hoel makes no pretentions to be more than the 3stars it is but it is almighty good 3stars.

Room Tip: Our room 102 was at the rear of the hotel and extremely quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Boquete, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to book this hotel in Amsterdam. From the minute I checked in I was treated like a queen. EVERYONE of the staff went way beyond normal service. Great room with a safe, comfortable bed, great water pueressure, quiet, great neighborhood just a few stops on the tram and you are in the heart of the city. The tram station is just a minute walk out the front door. Get a pass and ride it all day. The breakfast is delicious! The croissants, yummy! Nice eggs prepared different ways, fresh veggies, fruit, cheeses. It was wonderful. The thing I appreciated the most was that the Manager Murat Gedik was just so caring and efficient. I ordered a wheelchair for my disabled husband and it was right there upon our arrival. There was a mix up in the size of the chair but Murat got it fixed after 5pm on the same day, that was just amazing. This was my first trip to Europe and starting in the wonderful city of Amsterdam was just the perfect start to my trip. Do yourself a favor and book this hotel, you can't go wrong. Thank you to everyone who was patient with me and my stay so fantastic!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Location of the hotel is excellent. There is a tram stop near hotel (2 min walk). It is possible to travel by three tram lines (12,13,14) to different parts of the city. It takes at most 10 minutes to access the attractions of the city.
Staff is very welcoming and friendly.
The hotel and the room were very clean.
Wi-Fi is super.
Breakfast is good.
This hotel is worth the money.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I was here with my wife and baby for a 2 night stay having got a good deal on booking dot com. It's only a short tram ride from Amsterdam Central. The guy at the reception was helpful in explaining the attractions close to the hotel. I would highly recommend getting a 2 day tram pass as it's very good value for getting around the city. There were also a number of cafés close by offering great food like cafe thuys and bar spek. Great inhouse breakfast made daily at the Hotel. Murat was a good host. Will highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'd like to start off by saying I'm not a picky hotel guest. I am really surprised that my experiences have been a lot worse than the (overall) opinions about the hotel

I stayed in January 2014, booked via booking.com I never got round to paring my comments from booking.com over here. So here goes:

- The hotel wasn't too far from the city centre: 5-10 minutes by tram or 10-20 min walk.

- A continental breakfast (meat, cheese,eggs, cereal etc) is included in the tariff

- There is wifi in the room.

- The prices of soft drinks in the mini bar seemed reasonable

HOWEVER....

I would not recommend this hotel because, although they advertise nice features (whirlpool bath etc), they cannot get the basics right.

Those gold cushions in the advertised photo turned out to be one dirty cushion with hairs from goodness knows where

In had a double bed with just one pillow in the middle! When I checked the wardrobe there a dirty lumpy pillow with no cover. When I mentioned to reception in the morning, they suggested I got up tot he third floor, find the chamber mains and ask another pillow.. yeah

There is no phone to ring reception for any reason.

The (only) glass in the room was not changed. Normally you get a wine glass and a water glass, but not at this place. When I went downstairs to get a clean one myself, I mentioned it at reception. The guy just laughed and said condescendingly "what do you expect me to do"

The whirlpool bath had flimsy sides and was held up by a wooden block

They supply slippers, a nice touch. However, the bath mat was torn and frayed on day 1. On day 2 it was replaced with a dirty, stained mat. As the stains were visible when folded face up, House-keeping could not have missed that.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We only stayed at Hotel Larende for one night but it was very enjoyable our room was on the 2nd floor facing the street which gave us a nice look from the balcony. We found the room very quiet even in the morning when the Trams were running. Very nice staff and great value. The Breakfast was a nice assortment of meats, eggs fruit, bread and juices. all we needed to start the day. we also rented bike right from the hotel which was very convenient. Great location close to many cafes and shops and also nice walking distance to the main parts of Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Restaurant Larende? Share your experiences!