Back from Amsterdam and had a great stay at the ANCO. If I go to Amsterdam i try to do a combination of night life and culture.
The reasons I stay at the ANCO:
1. It is the only GAY MEN Hotel left over in Amsterdam. The rest is gay friendly. For me it is important that I can be myself the way I am without any judgement etc. . If I meet someone I can take him back to the Hotel and there will be no one who asks questions ....
2. Staff is great, after being there several times they became friends ... They are helpfull. Because I am a regular guest they store some stuff for me what saves me a lot of weight while I travel.
3. The Hotel is basic, but the price is basic as well for Amsterdam standards. You can make your stay as expensive as you want. They have dormitories, single rooms, double rooms, all shared facilities and a studio with private facilities.
4. The breakfast buffet is good. They prepare eggs for you in the morning the way you prefer them.
5. The Hotel is in the middle of the Gay district with all the cruising bars so you only walk a few minutes back to the Hotel after being out.
6. It has a lot of regular guests what creates a family type of atmosphere with the same intersts..... If you stay in your room nothing will happen and you won't meet anyone from the Hotel.
7. The Hotel can be interesting late at night after being out, you don't know who you will meet. Met some interesting people.
8. They have a computer for internet use, free of charge.
There is also WIFI available for those who travel with there laptop.
9. Hotel is clean and well looked after.
Conclusion: ANCO Hotel is for what it is supposed to be (meeting gay men, cruisy, easy going etc.) a GREAT Hotel. It is men only, everyone man is welcome...... and you can be yourself ... ENJOY YOUR TIME IN AMSTERDAM.