“Great location and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ITC Hotel

You added ITC Hotel to your Saves list
ITC Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Princegracht 1051, 1017 JE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #238 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great location and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

For someone who only stays in the hotel at night and leave first thing in the morning, I didn't mind much that the room is small. The hotel is located in a very strategic location but at the same time not too crowded and 'quite away' from the crowds at the city. So the restaurants and coffee shops there are not as busy as the ones in the city, and I can say better and more affordable in terms of price. There's tram no. 4 outside the hotel and if you walk straight after intersection for 5 minutes, you'll reach Rembrandtplein Square.

Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful, even helping me carry me luggage (as I was carrying a huge luggage and my room is in the top floor) through the very steep stairs. I also learned that the steep stairs are a common in houses/hotels there. There's wifi in the hotel lobby and my floor. Towels and soaps/shampoos are provided. I needed to borrow an iron and ironing board for the day and find that it's quite ridiculous to put a 20EUR deposit for the use of it. The rooms and toilets are clean by the time I get back.

Overall - don't expect much, but for the price you're about to pay and the location you'll get, I don't think its overpriced. Can't get better than this in terms of location,

Room Tip: If you have big bags, perhaps request for lower rooms
Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Very nice accommodation with modern furnishings and fixtures inside the room. It was more than what I expected.

Location. We got confused with the tram number and track number outside the amsterdam central station, that's why we ended up riding a tram at track no. 4 instead of riding tram no.4. Get off Princegracht station and hotel itc is just at your right, just at the corner of the street. less than 10 min tram ride from central station, less than 10min going to anne frank house. 5min walking distance from Cn grocery, very affordable.

Reception. They are all extremely very nice people. The most refreshing welcome drink offered after being lost and had walked almost 1km with luggage. Always willing to help us for directions. We did not get breakfast at the hotel but whenever we hang out at the reception area, they were always offering us drinks. No lift, but the ceilings are not too high so even if we are at the third floor, we did not had a hard time to walk up the stairs. You might have hard time carrying up your luggage but reception also offers help on that.

Our room. Not very spacious but we are comfortable with it. Very very neat and comfortable linens and pillows. Same with the toilet, very clean and new fixtures. With heater and strong wifi signal.

Room Tip: Request for a room in ground floor or first floor since there is no lift.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

ITC Amsterdam has 3 buildings. The main building appears well maintained and comfortable. The one I was assigned was in awful condition, dingy, with poorly maintained hallway carpets, though clean and livable tiny single rooms.
The hotel personnel are very helpful and forthcoming. Great location. Convenient. Basic. Quiet. I found it way overpriced for what it was. But I would stay there again if I had to.

Room Tip: The general areas like hallways and stairwells need to be maintained much more. It felt like unprofe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

the hotel offers good & friendly service, the room was clean and the location is a perfect starting point for sightseeing by foot. Rembrandfsplein with several restaurants and bars is close by and the museumsquarter is also not far away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hidden fees are not acceptable. The hotel wanted to argue with my receipt which I printed from your confirmation, stating they were adding an additional fee. Perhaps you should speak to them about this. No acceptable. And they offer breakfast in too confining of a space, so if there are several parties coming at once, there is no where for them to sit. The cleaning staff are EXCELLENT.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

4 days in a perfect hotel for a girls week. Spent my 21st birthday in the hotel which we expected to be very basic. When we got here we were shocked at how nice the rooms are considering how little money we paid for the triple room. The beds were changed everyday with clean towels and sparkling bathroom. Complimentary champagne was a unexpected bonus Would definitely recommend especially for 20 somethings who just need a place to rest and chill out.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to ITC Hotel? Share your experiences!