“Good location and helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ITC Hotel

Save Saved
You added ITC Hotel to your Saves list
ITC Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Princegracht 1051, 1017 JE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #230 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
New Delhi
“Good location and helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for a night, since there was a major goof up by their other hotel ie hotel hermitage with our bookings!

Nevertheless, hotel itc is well located , close to public transport and cafe's and the lively areas of the city. The staff and the reception were extremely nice and helpful. They helped us with all our queries and directions. They were generally very hospitable .

The room we stayed however was very small and bathroom even smaller. So be prepared for that and carrying your luggage . Also light sleepers might have a thought time with people coming in to sleep at early morning after partying, after all its Amsterdam

Room Tip: If you have a lot of heavy luggage , then close to the ground floor. Otherwise higher floor facing t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Face it, you don't travel to Amsterdam to stay in your room, so the compact dimensions really aren't a factor. The hotel has a great location, both for walking and for catching the tram. There are lots of restaurants and cafes nearby, though finding vegetarian meals was a bit of a challenge. Staff are all really knowledgeable and helpful.

Room Tip: ITC has three properties in Amsterdam, all very near each other. For an uninterrupted night's sl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from the 02 to the 6th of may for 4 nights. Although the room was small I totally enjoyed the stay at ITC: after all I spent all day visiting places so I was never at the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the premises very clean. I shared the facilities with other people(toilet and shower) and those were very immaculate at all the time thanks to the other guests too. The hotel is very close to everything, so no need to use public transports at all: my room was in the attic and there was a very steep stairs to get there but it was not a problem. You get free wi-fi and housekeeper cleans your room every day plus you get towels changed every day. Very good value: I will definetely stay there nex time in Amsterdam. Also the location is very quite which helps to a good night sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for some small hotel near down town - so here it is! Small single rooms under the roof. In my opinion too expensive for Queens day week, but it excusable )) if you want to stay near the center and not ready to pay 1,5k per week )

• Stayed May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here as price for two nights was really cheap. We got what we paid for so can't grumble too much. We booked a triple room and our room was located in the Townhouse (across the road from main hotel). The Townhouse was quite hostel like. As with most canal houses, stairs very steep so probably not ideal for some. We were on the third floor and had a lovely view onto the canal over Prinsengracht. Three single beds and a tiny, tiny bathroom. Luckily for us, we didn't plan on spending too much time in the hotel. Room got quite chilly at night so consider layers for the evening. Room was clean and beds were quite comfortable although we didn't think much of the pillows!
In the Townhouse, there are some rooms that share bathroom facilities. The toilet was located right outside our room which was unfortunate. Paper thin walls and creaky old stairs meant that we were frequently woken up throughout the night whilst people used the communal toilet.
As three women, we were a bit disappointed that there wasn't a full length mirror in the room, or even a mirror outside of the bathroom (bathroom mirrors got incredibly steamed up when someone used shower and no fan in bathroom to eliminate this). Also, lack of sockets in room.
We didn't eat breakfast but it costs 7.50e. Looked like standard breakfast of pastries, meat slices, cereal. Lots of cafes and places near by to add a bite to eat and slightly cheaper than the busier areas of the city.
The location trumps any negative points for this hotel. Gorgeous location out of the hustle and bustle of the city and only 5 stops away from Centraal on the tram, which costs 2.80e for hour pass or 7.50e for 24hrs. If you were to walk to Dam Square, it would probably be a 20minute walk from hotel but a straight forward route.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. Great value for money but probably not for those who are used to luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal for a fantastic view. If you expect an en suite in your room, c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at ITC Hotel a few weeks back for a long weekend. The room itself was clean enough, and seemed reasonably well-maintained. It was, however, tiny. There wasn't really a place for my husband and I to store our two small bags without tripping over them. There was no hanging space at all, aside from three small hooks above the kettle.

We were put in a room in the "Townhouses", which gave us some cause for concern, since other reviews mentioned it being a poor experience. For us, the experience was more harmed by the incredibly loud guests we had staying above us. They came home after midnight each night and left around 7am stomping up and down the stairs each time. They also smoked ... questionable substances ... constantly and that may have contributed to their incredible volume.

The location was pretty good. We rented bikes while we were there, and it was a short bike ride for us to get anywhere we wanted to go. It is also right next to a tram station, which made getting to and from the train station easy.

They also were able to hold our bags for us on the day we departed since we had an evening flight, and that was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I found this hotel through the Expedia website. I was taking my step-mum away for a few days & wanted somewhere that was unlikely to be as noisy as staying nearer to the Centraal Station. As far as value-for-money goes, I think it would be hard to beat this hotel, and I was certainly sold on the price. I read some of the reviews here and found mixed reaction but decided, on balance, to go for it. I didn't regret my decision.

As Mum has difficulty with stairs, I requested a low-floor room at the time of booking, along with a private bathroom if possible. In addition, I e-mailed the hotel direct a few days before departure to confirm these requests would be possible. The reply was prompt, polite and confirmed that our requests had been granted.

Upon arrival, we were advised that we would be accommodated in the Townhouse annex, which is just across the canal. We had the ground-floor room and a private bathroom. When we entered the building, I was a little dismayed to be confronted with what appeared to be an ex-reception area, now being used as a store room, with a single bed in one corner. However, we'd been told that our room was through another door, so we crossed our fingers and went in. We were pleasantly surprised by what awaited us.

Although Mum did have to negotiate four steps down, the room was spotlessly clean and a large fanlight window ensured that it got plenty of light. The beds were a little on the small side, even for singles, but were very comfortable and the bedlinen and mattresses were very clean. A colour TV hung on the wall, a small safe, table & (one) stool, kettle and tea & coffee-making items completed the furniture. The bathroom was the strangest shape I've ever encountered but, again, was operating-theatre clean - more importantly, it passed the "Mum test", which is high praise indeed! Apart from one morning, the hot water was plentiful and powerful, although the floor did get a little slippery if you weren't careful with the spray. It was quite chilly at night during our stay, but the radiators threw out more than enough heat to ensure we stayed toasty.

Room service came in each day and kept the place very clean indeed. I inadvertently left a €50 note on the table one morning but, I'm pleased to report, it had been placed prominently on my pillow when I returned that evening, so the domestic staff are clearly trustworthy. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and, with only one exception, spoke excellent English: one member of staff went a great deal out of his way to help us with a medical difficulty.

We only ate breakfast there one morning - though not, I might add, because the food was bad. It was the usual Continental fare: bread & rolls, a selection of cold meats and cheese, eggs, fruit, cereals, fruit juice and tea/coffee. What we ate was very good quality, and it's a reasonable price too, but the "dining area" is actually just a few tables in reception. Since neither of us were keen on being watched while we ate by guests checking in & out, we decided to eat elsewhere for the rest of our stay.

I have only a few minor criticisms. Although it was particularly clean, the room was pretty small for two people and there was absolutely no hanging space or drawers. I think the hotel should also do something about tidying up what was supposed to be our sitting room. There was furniture stacked in one corner, it was difficult to get past what I assume to be the old reception desk just inside the door and there was a hole in the floor cover by a board - though, in fairness, it wasn't in the direct line of route to the actual room. However, it gave a very bad impression and rather spoilt the appearance of what was essentially a pretty comfortable room.

In addition, there were a group of young guys on the floor above ours and, although they weren't noisy per se, our roof formed their patio and the noise when they were out there smoking was quite amazing. It's not that they were being unruly, but their voices seemed to be magnified somehow and their footsteps sounded like a herd of elephants playing with bowling balls. It also meant that there were a couple of times when we had to close our window, for fear that we might float away on the fumes!

On the whole, however, I'd be telling lies if I said that it spoilt our trip or meant that I wouldn't recommend the hotel to others. A good location, with regular and quick tram links into the centre, free wi-fi and friendly, helpful staff all add up to amazing value-for money. Both Mum and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Be aware that not all rooms have private bathrooms and even the ground floor room has steps. You ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to ITC Hotel? Share your experiences!