“Be wary of good prices.” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prices are for rooms, adults
Aero Hotel
Save Saved
You added Aero Hotel to your Saves list
Kerkstraat 49 | (hotel closed for renovations until October), 1017 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Ranked #138 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Phoenix, Arizona
“Be wary of good prices.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

I didn't actually stay here, but I've been emailing back and forth to set up accommodations here.

They offered me a room at 125 Euro, a far cry from the 85 they advertise on their website. When I wrote them, their response was that those are start prices, based on the number of people I have in my party (TWO), the season (the DEAD of winter!), and the length of stay (3 nights).

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2006

I totally endorese everything that has been stated by other reviewers of this hell hole that used to be the Aero. I have been staying regularly at this hotel for over 10 years and had always found it ideal for a gay visitor; basic but reasonably clean and the staff were friendly and gay and basically left you to get on with it. It is a shame, but this management is clueless and greedy. Stay away.

• Stayed November 2005
Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2006

Old room that looks dirty.
I could hear all the conversation going on in the rooms beside me.
Not able to pay with credit card.
The receptionist looked at me like I was someone from another planet when I asked for a receipt.
COLD AS HELL!!! I FREEZED!!! Heating wasn't working really good.
Breakfast bar always empty.
I think the original color of the duvet was orange/red, now it is more like brownish/red.
Just few TV channel in German or Dutch.

Go there if you have no money and you are not able to find a hotel less expensive. You will survive, but it won't be fun and comfortable.

Positive : nice area near few gay bars and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2005
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

I have been staying at the Aero for over 10 years and will not be going back after our visit for New Year. We arrived at 9.00pm and checked out by 11.00pm!

We were greeted by the receptionist telling us that the prices had gone up since we made the booking ... but they would only charge us E100.00 now not the full E160! (when we booked the agreement was for E85.00!!)We were also told that breakfast now finished at 10.00am (it used to be 12.00)

When we got to our room it was the smallest, dirtiest room i have ever seen with only a small shower and toilet area that you walked through to get to the bed area. When we went down to reception to complain that we had specifically requested a large room with a bath and had that confirmed by them in an email we were offered another room.

This second room was equally dirty (spliff ends under the bed and in the bedside drawer, a bathroom that stank of mould and a lock on the door that kept jamming). There was only one wet towel in the bathromm so i had to go down to reception to ask for clean towles. Just as we finished unpacking the recptionist came up to tell us we couldnt use the bathroom because it leaked into the room below!!!.

My partner left to find another hotel for our stay (not easy on the 29th of December!) whilst i tried to have a shower in the shared bathroom in the hall. This shower had no working lights in it!!!!

The female receptionist said the new owner wanted to keep the Aero as a gay hotel "she has a lot of hotels... she is a .... a Madam"

We dont quite know what she meant by "Madam" but there were a lot of single, well kept women in the hotel and we saw no proof that this is gay hotel anymore.

Fortunatly we managed to get into the Barbizan Palace opposite Central station for 5 nights. It cost us twice as much as we originally planed but was worth it just to get out of the HELL HOLE that is now the Aero Hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2005

We have been staying at the Hotel Aero for the past 15 years we always like to stay for Christmas . Under the new management the service is nothing short of a disgrace ( breakfast with cling film). We booked in for 7 nights and stayed for only 3. The so called gay person behind the bar called me a queer, because we told him he had sold us out of date beer( 1 euro a glass should have been a clue ). Beware if you are gay. On the face of it looks like a gay hotel with maps etc. But the people who now run it are homophobic.

• Stayed December 2005
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

I have stayed at the Aero before but will not be back under this new management. The nonsense about the credit card system being unavailable was just as described by another reviewer, and totally unacceptable. Also, without notice, they changed the end of breakfasts to 10.00am - 11.00am on Saturdays and Sundays - while the nearby Armistad serves til 1.00pm every day! Forget about the Sunday champagne - it has gone!

The standard of cleaning improved only when professional staff from NCR were employed, but after they left, I ended up having to put a total change of linen on to my bed at 1.30am because the cleaner had forgotten. I had reminded them twice earlier in the evening, but they still couldn't manage that!

I will not be back until ownership changes again.

• Stayed October 2005
Paisley, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2005

Sorry to hear the recent bad reviews of The Aero Hotel as I have visited several times in the past 5 years and have always found it excellent. I acknowledge some of the rooms could be "tarted up" a bit, but when I was given a room that I thought smelled a bit mouldy I was relocated to one on the first floor that had very obviously just been decorated. I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for the gay scene as well as other attractions and the breakfast is included in the cost also. The breakfast is served up until 12 noon, so you don't have to get up too early. Sunday breakfast includes a complimentary glass of champagne.

• Stayed August 2004
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Aero Hotel? Share your experiences!