We stayed for 4 nights at Cocomama and we enjoyed our stay at the boutique hostel. Here is my opinion on pro & cons..
1) Staff was friendly & helpful who provided us with map of city and information on places to visit in city
2) Access to central Amsterdam was easy as there a tram stop just steps away from hostel. The ride is approx. 5-10 mins to central area.
3) Nice quiet location away from busy central area
4) Albert Cuypmarkt, Heineken museum, Van gogh museum within walking distance
5) free pasta & spices, drinks available for purchase in communal kitchen and fridge available to store your food
6) no curfew so can you come & go as you wish
1) No elevator available in case your room is on top floor and you luggages to carry
2) bed was too soft (our personal preference)
3) price is a little high for double private ensuite
Overall the atmosphere of hostel was very nice and I would go back again!