“loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Vlissingen, Zeeland
“loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Only a short walk from the trainstation, and what a lovely walk. Passed a lot of beautiful houses on the canalfront, what a wonderful beginning of a weekend Amsterdam. Amsterdam is a wonderful town, we Always enjoy our visits to Amsterdam and this time it was extra wonderful because we stayed at Hotel Sebastian's in a (medium) room with a very nice view of the canal. The room itself was small but nicely decorated (quirky, romantic). Very good tea and coffee facilities, very good bed, smal bathroom but good shower. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was delicious (again overlooking the canal). Highly recommanded, the location is just perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been meaning to write this reveiw since we returned from our stay last year ... even though it's now 6 months later I remember it like it was last week 'cos we enjoyed it so much!
We booked this hotel because we loved the look of it, and the fact that it looked on to one of the canals. We paid a wee bit extra for a canal room (well worth it!) and the room was fab. The decor throughout the hotel definitely has that boutique feel.
From checking in, to the moment we left the hotel the staff could not have been better - extremelly friendly, helpful and efficient.
Breakfast was great, with a wide selection of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, bread and hot breakfast items. The staff were also more than happy to make something for you. We also had a lunch snack in the bar one day, as well as drinks in the evening - again, could not fault the service or the food.
We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and when we arrived and we were shown to our room we were given a bottle of fizz, chocolates, strawberries and a card from the hotel - lovely touch and a great start to our stay.
The hotel is in a great location, easily within walking distance to the centre as well as many of the attractions, and the train / tram station is 5 minutes away with access across the City. But if you do need any help or advice, the staff at reception were always more than happy to help.
If / when we go to Amsterdam again I don't think I'd want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Go for the canal view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel and particularly the staff deserve all the accolades they receive. All the staff is so friendly, professional and helpful – providing maps, restaurant suggestions, assistance with buying tram tickets, booking museum tickets, selling stamps etc! Hot and cold breakfast and very filling. Gluten free needs catered for. Room 119 very roomy and overlooking canal, serviced very well each day.
We stayed for 4 nights. On one of the nights you could hear the people on the next floor as they were quite heavy footed. But trusted ear plugs worked well. The only problem I had was the hair dryer plug wasn’t close enough to the mirror [the hairdressing lead didn’t seem long enough], but again it wasn’t a huge problem.
Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Windermere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is 5 star, the staff are amazing and the whole décor and feel its very very boutique and chic..... really feels like a bit of luxury when you check in and see the rooms and décor!! loved every minute, great location and very cool and funky bar!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
West Yorks.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

With us taking 2, 19 year olds we wanted somewhere quiet but close to the station and centre. It had to be on a canal and near enough a tram line to see some of A'dam. From past reviews I'd read, Sebastian's sounded just what we needed and we were not disappointed. The hotel treated us like friends from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much trouble. We arrived early and were invited into the bar for a welcome drink whilst the rooms were serviced. The receptionist came and offered us a map and some advice on shopping opportunities to the girls as it was their 1st visit. When the girls room was ready we went up for a freshly made coffee from the machines that are in all rooms and their reaction of "Wow!" said it all. The rooms were clean, comfy, warm and a good size for Amsterdam. The split level area in front of the window made a great place to sit and people watch and it is worth paying a bit extra for the canal view rooms. I thought I'd booked room only as my wife and the girls rarely eat when they first get up but whilst waiting for the rooms we were told that we could have the complimentary breakfast which was served until the civilized hour of 11:00. The girls were so impressed with everything else in the hotel that they were up before us and down for breakfast. I'd told them it would be continental style but I was wrong again as there were; sausages, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms and beans as well as the usual cereal, croissants, ham, cheese etc. I would recommend Sebastian's to anyone and it was a shame our stay was so short and just a taster for the girls. They have both said they would love to return to A'dam and it would have to be to Sebastian's for their stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Apologies in advance for the lengthy review. Although I probably still have, I wanted to do my best to not miss anything out!!

Stayed here in mid-late Jan 2014 with my partner for our anniversary.
Specifically booked this hotel with her in mind, the decor from the lobby/reception right the way through to the bar and rooms is amazing (and very much to my partner's taste!).
We stayed in a large double room with a view of Keizersgracht. The large rooms are massive and were way above my expectations.

The room:
Bathroom/wet room well stocked with basic toiletries.
Safe in room.
Plenty of storage space and hangers.
Hairdryer in room.
Spare/extra pillows and sheets already in the room.
Tea and coffee facilities atop the minibar.
Ipod docking station (although we didn't spend enough time in the room to warrant it's use!)
The bed itself was probably the comfiest I have ever slept on.

Prior to booking and arriving the staff were very helpful via email contact. Upon arrival this didn't subside either... reception staff more than happy to recommend and book tables at restaurants (even for a fussy eater such as myself), recommend bars, tourist attractions etc.
I ordered a bottle of champagne on one night to be delivered to our room and this was upgraded to something a bit nicer than what I had selected, compliments of the house! The bar staff were also happy to fix me up a cocktail that wasn't listed on their menu. Little things like these can make such a difference.

As far as location is concerned, Sebastian's is nigh-on perfect. The Jordaan district is a lot quieter than other areas of the city that I have stayed in previously. Ten minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal, most attractions within walking distance but just far enough from the city centre nightlife to not disturb your all important sleep!
As with any major city hotel around the globe, some people may find the prices a little on the high side but as it was a special occasion, this didn't bother me. After staying at the hotel, I would happily pay the prices they ask again.

I work in a 4 star hotel myself and understand very much how things can go right or wrong in these environments. Hotel Sebastians are getting it right every step of the way and I can't wait to return. 100% recommended.

Room Tip: I think we were in Room 18 (large double with canal view). Very pleased.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Whitstable, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

As with most of central Amsterdam it's a little pricey but it's quiet, central and the "fill yer boots" breakfasts see you in good stead for a full days sightseeing. Everything within walking distance as well. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!