“The perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Special Offer
Ranked #11 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Kent
“The perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Sebastian's Hotel is a most charming, comfortable and beautifully managed hotel. Rooms are spotless and very well appointed. The staff are extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble. A great breakfast starts the day and being close to Central Station makes it easy to arrive and start sightseeing. Great for museums, shops and restaurants but in a quiet area for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room on the ground floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

After spending numerous hours researching where to stay in Amsterdam, trip advisor did not disappoint. The Sebastian was delightful. The staff was attentive and accomodating. The room was quite clean and well appointed with a tempurpedic mattress pad, fluffy bedding and a Nespresso machine. The hotel is decorated in rich dark colors and has a cool edgy club vibe. Breakfast choices included meats, various cheeses, yogurt, fruit, warm pastry and a wide variety of teas and coffee. Our server Harn was friendly and pleasant. The location was excellent as well, lovely quiet canal and a short walk to the attractions. Our stay in Amsterdam to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and my birthday was everything we could have hoped for and more.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while in Amsterdam for work. It's about a 10 minute walk to the main train station but located in a very quiet residential neighborhood. Great restaurants within easy walking distance.

The staff at reception were always friendly and helpful. I had a great room on the very top floor with lots of big sunny windows. Can't remember the room number but it definitely one which I would request again, though might not be great for those with limited mobility since the elevator stops one floor below.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Orkney, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just back from a 3 day stay with my wife in this hotel and feel compelled to review this hotel as we enjoyed our stay there so much.

From the second we walked in the door everyone was welcoming and friendly with lots of tips on what to see and do. The hotel itself has a special feel to it with the decor and is clean and quiet at nights. The breakfasts although 10 euros pp extra are great value and the bar is as reasonably (if not better!) priced than any bar/pub we visited.

It's about 10mins walk from Amsterdam Centraal and likewise to the centre of the old town. Anne Franck's Huis is just a couple of blocks away too so a great location.

Overall this has to be the best value hotel around the centre of Amsterdam and if I'm ever back I wouldn't even think about booking in anywhere else.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Toren and now Sebastian's. Both ownned and run by Petra and Eric Toren. These hotels just ooze class, style and the service you would expect from a family business is exceptional. If you want a real feel of amsterdam and want a great location in Amsterdam's most beutiful part of town then this hotel is perfect for you.

Room Tip: The canal view luxury double room is a new addition and a good size for amsterdam, higly recommended...
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my first trip to Amsterdam and I looked around in TripAdvisor for some reviews on affordable hotels. I found a couple of good reviews on Hotel Sebastains and decided to book my stay there. Well, I wasn't disappointed. I got a lovely room with a view on the canal( I asked for one ). The room itself was well appointed with all that a traveller needs in a room..clean, neat and very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, something I always look for when I travel. Their breakfast is very good and reasonably priced at 10 euros. The location itself is very good and you can walk to most of the places. I spent two nights and a day there . I had a wonderful stay and I hope this review of mine is as helpful to a traveller as the ones I read in making up my mind to stay here. I would definitely come back here if I visit Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. You may need to pay more( I paid 20 euros more per day) but it's wor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Don't usually write reviews (as you can see, this is my first) but I feel I have to for this hotel. My stay (7 nights) was fantastic. The room was small but I was warned beforehand and was offered an upgrade at a reduced rate. However, as I was travelling alone, I really didn't need the extra space. What was handy was the Nespresso machine, being a caffeine-head, I have to admit this was why I initially chose this hotel - COFFEE. ANYTIME OF THE DAY.

The staff were friendly and very helpful and went way beyond the call of duty. Within 30 minutes of arriving, I managed to lock the key to the padlock for my suitcase INSIDE the suitcase. Almost resigned to spending the rest of my holiday looking at youtube videos on how to pick a lock, when two hotel staff came around to help and successfully retrieved the key. Thanks guys! Will definitely return if I am ever in Amsterdam again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!