“Great hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Orkney, Scotland
“Great hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just back from a 3 day stay with my wife in this hotel and feel compelled to review this hotel as we enjoyed our stay there so much.

From the second we walked in the door everyone was welcoming and friendly with lots of tips on what to see and do. The hotel itself has a special feel to it with the decor and is clean and quiet at nights. The breakfasts although 10 euros pp extra are great value and the bar is as reasonably (if not better!) priced than any bar/pub we visited.

It's about 10mins walk from Amsterdam Centraal and likewise to the centre of the old town. Anne Franck's Huis is just a couple of blocks away too so a great location.

Overall this has to be the best value hotel around the centre of Amsterdam and if I'm ever back I wouldn't even think about booking in anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

534 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Toren and now Sebastian's. Both ownned and run by Petra and Eric Toren. These hotels just ooze class, style and the service you would expect from a family business is exceptional. If you want a real feel of amsterdam and want a great location in Amsterdam's most beutiful part of town then this hotel is perfect for you.

Room Tip: The canal view luxury double room is a new addition and a good size for amsterdam, higly recommended...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was my first trip to Amsterdam and I looked around in TripAdvisor for some reviews on affordable hotels. I found a couple of good reviews on Hotel Sebastains and decided to book my stay there. Well, I wasn't disappointed. I got a lovely room with a view on the canal( I asked for one ). The room itself was well appointed with all that a traveller needs in a room..clean, neat and very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful, something I always look for when I travel. Their breakfast is very good and reasonably priced at 10 euros. The location itself is very good and you can walk to most of the places. I spent two nights and a day there . I had a wonderful stay and I hope this review of mine is as helpful to a traveller as the ones I read in making up my mind to stay here. I would definitely come back here if I visit Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. You may need to pay more( I paid 20 euros more per day) but it's wor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Don't usually write reviews (as you can see, this is my first) but I feel I have to for this hotel. My stay (7 nights) was fantastic. The room was small but I was warned beforehand and was offered an upgrade at a reduced rate. However, as I was travelling alone, I really didn't need the extra space. What was handy was the Nespresso machine, being a caffeine-head, I have to admit this was why I initially chose this hotel - COFFEE. ANYTIME OF THE DAY.

The staff were friendly and very helpful and went way beyond the call of duty. Within 30 minutes of arriving, I managed to lock the key to the padlock for my suitcase INSIDE the suitcase. Almost resigned to spending the rest of my holiday looking at youtube videos on how to pick a lock, when two hotel staff came around to help and successfully retrieved the key. Thanks guys! Will definitely return if I am ever in Amsterdam again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant couple of days in this delightful small hotel, close to the main attractions and station, yet in a pleasant and quiet location. Our rooms were comfortable and perfectly adequate, with spacious and well fitted bathrooms.
Decoration is very modern and in good order, with a pleasant bar area for relaxation and light meals. Breakfast is very reasonably priced at 10 euros with hot and cold food options. Daytime snacks are also available.
All the staff were most pleasant and helpful on practical details and their recommendations for restaurants provided us with excellent choices.
Thanks for an enjoyable stay. We would definitely return and recommend the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal give an attractive view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Sebastian's for four nights in September. The hotel has a lovely canal-side setting in a very convenient location. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we were offered a room overlooking the canal on the first two nights and a garden view room for the remaining two nights. Both rooms were clean and spacious, especially the garden view room which would easily have accommodated four people, and both rooms had fantastic bathrooms with nice toiletries.
The only quibble we had was the extra charge of 10 euros per person for the breakfast which we felt should have been included at no extra cost as the room rate was quite expensive. Should it be possible to include breakfast in the room rate, then Hotel Sebastian's would get top marks all the way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Amsterdam for the first time and stayed at Sebastian's. It turned out to be an excellent choice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and close to Anne Franks, Dam Square and the Central Train Station. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. This hotel is very charming and an excellent choice.

Room Tip: A canal view room will make a great stay better!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!