“Wonderful hotel in the very best location in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Austin, TX
“Wonderful hotel in the very best location in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband and I just enjoyed a week-long stay in Amsterdam. I had read the reviews of this hotel online, and was not disappointed in the slightest. We booked a small double room, not facing the canal, and were immediately emailed the dimensions of the room and the bed to make sure it would work for us. I chose to save some money and keep the small room, and I'm glad I did because it actually turned out to be a little bigger than I thought it would be! And, our view was of a lovely terrace on the back of the property. The room was always spotlessly clean, and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. My husband is particularly fussy about his pillow, and even brought one alone on the trip, but it turned out he didn't need it- the pillows at the hotel were fantastic! Also, they left a complimentary bottle of prosecco in the room because I mentioned we would be there to celebrate my 30th birthday. I never heard a peep from anyone else in adjoining rooms, and we enjoyed the best sleep we've ever had in a hotel.
Also, the location could not have been better. Close to the Anne Frank house and the Jordaan, close to wonderful restaurants and shops, and the train station was within walking distance. We never had to venture far for wonderful dining options, and the hotel staff was nice enough to make dinner reservations for us during our stay.
I am SO glad I booked at this hotel, and I'll absolutely stay here again if we ever go back to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: the small double room is actually not too small. It was fine for my husband and I, we had plenty of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with my family. Superb location, walking distance from Central train station and to major atractions. Nice boutigue hotel, had a large room, very clean. We enjoyed having coffee machine in our room. Extraordinary friendly and helpfull staff. If I visit Amsterdam again I would book this hotel :-)

West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great place to stay in Amsterdam. Walking distance from the central train station and from the hotel you can walk to just about everything else.
Exceptionally friendly and helpful front desk staff. Will stay here anytime I come to Amsterdam.
Rooms are clean and updated.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the canal. It is a quiet area and you can keep windows open for the nice summer b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I chose this hotel from Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed. Our room was 209 which had a sitting room built into the attic and overlooked the Canal. Not exactly suitable for tall people as the beams were lowish but it really added to the atmosphere and gave some extra space beyond the bedroom area. The coffee machine in the room was fantastic and the breakfast great, both included in the room price. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was an easy walk from the main train station but far enough away from the noise. Some parts of the hotel could do with a bit of painting as black trim around doors and skirting boards are bound to get a lot of wear and tear but that is a minor presentation issue.

Room Tip: Pay extra, get a canal view room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location of Sebastian's could not be better. Right on the Keizersgracht in a quiet part of the city. Just stroll out of the door into nine streets and Jordaan, find a favorite bar and immediately feel part of the neighborhood.
The hotel design is ultra cool but our room was small and dark and bathroom very basic. I think a re-design is being planned so that the comfort of the hotel will equal the location and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, all of whom were wonderful.

Room Tip: ask to see your room before you accept it - you may have to trade off canal view for spaciousness.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Really liked this hotel, we had an excellent stay - there's no doubt this will be our first choice when we return to Amsterdam. Excellent location: very central, close to Central station and all the main tracks, yet on a lovely quiet canal. Felt a very safe and secure area when walking out in the evening.
Great welcome by excellent staff, very good facilities, spotlessly clean, very good bedding/towels. Room decor not to everyone's taste, dark colours and very "boutique-ey", but this is no criticism, we actually liked it in its context.
Good value for money, nothing to criticise.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room at the rear; for those seeking more of a view, a front/canal view may be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!