“Only place to stay in Amsterdam - amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Special Offer
Ranked #11 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Melbourne, Australia
“Only place to stay in Amsterdam - amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Wow – what can I say, but this is the place to stay in Amsterdam. Service isn’t their middle name, it’s their first name! Nothing a problem. Friendly, helpful, informative and the place is oozing character and appeal. Stayed in a Double Canal View Room – why stay in anything else! It was ideal. Wonderful to go to sleep with lights of the canal and wake up watching the ducks on the canal. Great location, so central to cafes, shops, museums, Centraal Station - everything. This was my first trip to Amsterdam and wasn’t aware that Keizersgracht is one of the main canals. Couldn’t have picked better. They helped find me a local pool, organised a bike to hire, and catering for vegetarian gluten free not a problem at all! (they had so much food for me they would give me doggy bags to take for my lunch!). I would certainly stay at Sebastian’s again (only stay at Sebastian’s if I was in Amsterdam). My only concern is that I’m recommending it to all so getting bookings may be a challenge! It’s a small, boutique hotel. After a really bad experience at Victoria Park Plaza, I was so glad I changed hotels on my return to Amsterdam. Otherwise my experience of Amsterdam would have been coloured by the Victoria. Thank you Sebastian’s!

Room Tip: book a canal view room - worth the extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Really good value for money. Well located in the heart of Jordaan. Good service, nice looking rooms. Recommended to take the canal view room. Helpful staff. Nice looking decorations in the hotel. Saturday Lindengracht market is a must if in the neighborhood in the weekend. Try the smoked fish or different fish-birgers or buy some excellent cheeses.

Room Tip: Canal view!
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

To add on to what others have already said, the colour shades, the opulance in rooms, the beautiful chandeliers, always smiling staff - at reception and at bar.. It was indulgence galore. They have ensured that I dont check the trip advisor in my next visit to Amsterdam, as I have a permanent address. Well located, just 5 mints walk to central tram station, water taxi stations and you can use the amsterdam favourite mode of transport, the bicycle.. The break fast was fresh and sumptous. Lots of good eating joints around. Loved the italian and argentinian restaurants just 5 mints walk from the hotel. Luxury and Value for money, rarely you see these two comments together. Hotel Sebastian's deserves it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel on a whirlwind, last-minute trip to AMS. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. First off, the staff were incredible. From the girls at the front desk to bartenders, everyone was incredibly helpful, kind, and engaging. They really made me feel at home.

The room was just the right size, very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The hotel is everything you would expect of a three-star property and then some.

Of course, you don't travel to a place like Amsterdam for the room; you're there to explore. Fortunately, Hotel Sebastian's provides a great location for exploring the city center. Located on a quite street on a gorgeous canal, the hotel is a short walk to just about anywhere in the city center and near virtually all public transit options. However, it just far enough from the busy "tourist areas" to allow for tranquility when you want it. You can't beat that.

(Speaking of tranquility, just FYI: during my stay, there was a bit of construction going on nearby that occasionally got loud in the late morning, so late sleepers might want to keep that in mind. It wasn't too bad, though...and, as with most construction, I'm sure it is just a temporary nuisance).

All in all, I plan on staying here again when I return next year with my wife. I don't know that we would find a better value and quiet place to stay in the city. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
oswestry, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent ages deciding where best to stay in Amsterdam for a weekend break but eventually decided on Sebastians. It was an excellent decision. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed like old friends, and hte decor and style of the place are really special. We were given a bigger room than the one we booked as well. We spent quite a while just relaxing in the room, and had a few drinks in the bar one night before we went out, and it all added to the peaceful nature of the place, a long way from other places we've stayed in the city where all you can hear all night is shrieks and bangs. It's only five minutes walk from the madness too if you want it. The staff were excellent, polite and helpful with perfect English, and its a shame we missed eating there, but no matter, we're already planning to go back, adn why woudl we choose anywhere else now ? A small footnote - to people who say that the rooms are dark... Put the lights on... Or, if you do want to sleep, even in the day, shut the curtains, and it's as black as the inside of a cat. Perfect for a good rest, and a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel provided the perfect base for our exploration of Amsterdam. It is set on a beautiful, quiet canal - get a canal view room, sitting on the window sill drinking champagne was my best memory of our three day break. Hotel staff could not be more accommodating and the facilities are excellent for a three star hotel. The bed was large and comfortable, our room as a little on the small side which I had expected but you might want to pay the bit extra for a slightly larger room. Decor was quirky and fun, we particularly loved the bar. The Western Canal ring where Sebastian's is situated is gorgeous - we did lots of walking, sitting in bars and cafes and poking about in the various interesting shops. It is also a short walk to the heart of the city - Dam Square and the Red Light district, should you be in need of something a little more stimulating! Loved it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just finished spending four nights at this hotel with my boyfriend, and we LOVED it! We had a "medium-sized room with a canal view". Based on reviews I'd read, I was expecting it to be quite small but it was actually perfect! There was a small sitting area with a table and chairs, a fridge, a safe, and a beautiful view of the canal. It was the perfect place to spend some down-time. Separating this area from the bed was a heavy black curtain that kept the "bedroom" nice and dark, protected by the streetlights and the morning light. The bed was also SO comfortable... between that and the dark curtain, it was very hard to get up in the morning :) The location was perfect, about 5 minute walk to Centraal Sation and about 10 to Dam Square. The staff was more than helpful at all times, and even provided us with a restaurant map when we arrived. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Amsterdam, and I will definitely be staying at Hotel Sebastians when I return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!