“A Great "Home Base" for Exploring Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sebastian's

Save Saved
You added Hotel Sebastian's to your Saves list
Hotel Sebastian's
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 15, 1015 CC Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Dallas, Texas
“A Great "Home Base" for Exploring Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel on a whirlwind, last-minute trip to AMS. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. First off, the staff were incredible. From the girls at the front desk to bartenders, everyone was incredibly helpful, kind, and engaging. They really made me feel at home.

The room was just the right size, very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The hotel is everything you would expect of a three-star property and then some.

Of course, you don't travel to a place like Amsterdam for the room; you're there to explore. Fortunately, Hotel Sebastian's provides a great location for exploring the city center. Located on a quite street on a gorgeous canal, the hotel is a short walk to just about anywhere in the city center and near virtually all public transit options. However, it just far enough from the busy "tourist areas" to allow for tranquility when you want it. You can't beat that.

(Speaking of tranquility, just FYI: during my stay, there was a bit of construction going on nearby that occasionally got loud in the late morning, so late sleepers might want to keep that in mind. It wasn't too bad, though...and, as with most construction, I'm sure it is just a temporary nuisance).

All in all, I plan on staying here again when I return next year with my wife. I don't know that we would find a better value and quiet place to stay in the city. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
oswestry, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We spent ages deciding where best to stay in Amsterdam for a weekend break but eventually decided on Sebastians. It was an excellent decision. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed like old friends, and hte decor and style of the place are really special. We were given a bigger room than the one we booked as well. We spent quite a while just relaxing in the room, and had a few drinks in the bar one night before we went out, and it all added to the peaceful nature of the place, a long way from other places we've stayed in the city where all you can hear all night is shrieks and bangs. It's only five minutes walk from the madness too if you want it. The staff were excellent, polite and helpful with perfect English, and its a shame we missed eating there, but no matter, we're already planning to go back, adn why woudl we choose anywhere else now ? A small footnote - to people who say that the rooms are dark... Put the lights on... Or, if you do want to sleep, even in the day, shut the curtains, and it's as black as the inside of a cat. Perfect for a good rest, and a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel provided the perfect base for our exploration of Amsterdam. It is set on a beautiful, quiet canal - get a canal view room, sitting on the window sill drinking champagne was my best memory of our three day break. Hotel staff could not be more accommodating and the facilities are excellent for a three star hotel. The bed was large and comfortable, our room as a little on the small side which I had expected but you might want to pay the bit extra for a slightly larger room. Decor was quirky and fun, we particularly loved the bar. The Western Canal ring where Sebastian's is situated is gorgeous - we did lots of walking, sitting in bars and cafes and poking about in the various interesting shops. It is also a short walk to the heart of the city - Dam Square and the Red Light district, should you be in need of something a little more stimulating! Loved it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just finished spending four nights at this hotel with my boyfriend, and we LOVED it! We had a "medium-sized room with a canal view". Based on reviews I'd read, I was expecting it to be quite small but it was actually perfect! There was a small sitting area with a table and chairs, a fridge, a safe, and a beautiful view of the canal. It was the perfect place to spend some down-time. Separating this area from the bed was a heavy black curtain that kept the "bedroom" nice and dark, protected by the streetlights and the morning light. The bed was also SO comfortable... between that and the dark curtain, it was very hard to get up in the morning :) The location was perfect, about 5 minute walk to Centraal Sation and about 10 to Dam Square. The staff was more than helpful at all times, and even provided us with a restaurant map when we arrived. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Amsterdam, and I will definitely be staying at Hotel Sebastians when I return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

After a 12 hour flight to Amsterdam, I was more than pleased with the hospitality at Hotel Sebastian's. Accidentally, I booked two twin beds (2 doubles) without even asking they happily changed our room to a king sized bed. This was a great bed too! At home we have a temprapedic bed. Hotel Sebastian's also has temprapedic beds!! So we felt right at home! The elevator was down when we visited soo the bartender took our luggage up 3 flights of stairs. I thought that was very sweet. My boyfriend is also very tall, and I was extremely happy to find a rather tall shower that he fit in comfortably. We had a beautiful view of the canal, and they provided us with a hair dryer, which I enjoyed. They also provide a vast selection of coffees for the in room coffee maker. We were soo excited to adventure we didn't pay attention to the weather. As we were leaving one day, the woman at reception said, it is going to rain take a hotel umbrella with you! I thought that was awfully sweet of them. This hotel was quiet, warm (they also had fans for ventilation), hospitable, and friendly. Sebastian's was also beautiful! Everything was purple and sparkly, which was just the cherry to this perfect Amsterdam getaway sundae!! We will definitely be staying here on our future trips to Amsterdam! A wonderful hotel experience!

Room Tip: Doubles mean twin beds FYI!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Two nights here were very comfortable. Located right on a canal. The staff was friendly and helpful. The public spaces were small but our room was spacious. Price seemed a bit high but Amsterdam is an expensive city. Personally, I would have given up some of the decorating and room amenities for a lower price but given other options at this level of quality, the hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!