“Great value for money plus great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Offer
Ranked #10 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Sofia, Bulgaria
“Great value for money plus great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Our stay at Hotel Sebastian's was mid-September'11, for 5 days. Was very pleasantly surprised by the excellent service, the good size of the rooms (in Ams you always expect rooms to be small),the cleanliness. Very quiet location, yet very close - walking distance- to main tourist attactions in Amsterdam. I liked the design of the hotel too, very modernistic and cosy at the same time. Reception staff are just great, make you feel "pampered". Wireless internet is available everywhere (in the rooms too). We were three women, yet we felt very safe. If we go again to Amswerdam (with husbands and on leisure, not bisness trip), we'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was looking to the backyard, yet was extremely quiet, so sleep was impeccable.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Orem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was at the Hotel Sebastian in August for five nights. The staff was very helpful and friendly. the location was beautiful. I was there for business but it made the experience very positive. The close location to the central station was also convenient as well as access to some excellent restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here for one night recently. The check in process was quick and easy. The hotel is in a great location, very quiet, very safe yet very close to the centre of Amsterdam and the train station. the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Udine, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was at the Hotel Sebastians for 2 nights back in October 2011. I arrived very late, check in was quick. Great location, close to the centre and the station but also very quiet. The canal is lovely. I could walk everywhere and I felt safe even at night. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Room clean and compact, bed very comfortable. I did not have breakfast, but the selection is very good and the service comes with a smile!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed in Hotel Sebastians for 2 nights in October. Sebastians has excellent location - you can walk to everywhere and the trams are just a couple of streets across, it is quiet and safe, and has a wonderful view of the canal out the front and quiet leafy garden at the back. The staff made us feel so welcome. I arrived very early at 8 a.m. but they let me check in as they had a room available and made me coffee and food on arrival and they helped to get me on to my email. They printed routes out for us, made travel plans, helped with information about sightseeing. The room was at the back and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Everything is very clean and the bathroom is lovely, especially the lovely soaps and products. The coffee is the best I have had for years and the breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed in Amsterdam mid October
The hotel was clean comfoertable and close to everything.
People were very friendly and helpful.
The view was superp.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Hotel Sebastians is on Keizersgracht, one of two streets of the same name flanking a canal. At night, it's very quiet.

The Centraal Station, Dam Square, Ann Frank House, Westerkerk and the 9 Streets are within a 10-minute walk. There are no tram stations right by the hotel, by the trams are along Damrak, which is again about 10 minutes' walk from the hotel.

Breakfast of 10 euros a person is pretty good value for money. There are eggs, ham, bacon, salami, mushrooms, different kinds of bread, fruit, juices, milk, teas and good cappuccino to kickstart the morning.

I arrived at 9am and check-in is officially at 11am. After confirming my details and credit card information, the reception staff invited me to have free tea at the eatery right next to the small lobby. She also told me she'd inform me once the guests have vacated the room I booked. After 10 minutes or so, she said my room was ready. I waited 20 minutes or so after that for the room to be cleaned. It would have helped if I was told how long the cleaning would take — I had to go for an 11am walking tour.

The decor is typical trendy gothic, with black carpeting and walls plastered with silk-like fabric. I wish the colours aren't so dark. Light and cheerful colours will make the rooms look bigger. Nevertheless, the room we stayed in was clean. There was no funky smell and no icky feeling when I walked barefoot on the carpet.

Throughout my stay, the reception staff had been helpful. They cheerfully gave us directions and information about tram lines (even though we were told about the wrong track twice for tram 2).

Husband and I enjoyed the walks by the canals. The streets are picturesque and the people are friendly. Herenstraat (near the hotel) has a few good restaurants. We went to Seasons twice. The reception staff told me about Le Belhamel, a French restaurant, but we didn't try it; when we went past each time, the place seemed full even on weekdays.

The rate per night was rather high because a conference was on. Demand for rooms at Amsterdam then was high. We were 'forced' to book Hotel Sebastians, but we are glad the stay turned out to be pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sebastian's? Share your experiences!