“Lucky find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Museum Suites

Save Saved
You added Museum Suites to your Saves list
Museum Suites
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Willemsparkweg 113, 1071 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #17 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“Lucky find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am tempted to keep Museum Suites secret so that it does not become hard to book! The location is great, on a comparatively quiet street within walking distance of the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh, and with a tram stop for the centre nearby. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated, consisting of a living room /kitchenette and a separate bedroom with ensuite. There are generous coffee/tea facilities in the room as well as frig, microwave and a good selection of cutlery/crockery, so we made our own breakfast every morning (they will provide breakfast if requested). For the evening there is a range of restaurants nearby.
The Suites are kept spotlessly clean and Annemarie and Frida made us very welcome and were very generous with imparting information - they are obviously very proud of the Suites and of Amsterdam, deservedly so.
The only caveat is that it would not be suitable for anyone who can't do stairs. But if that is not a problem then Museum Suites is an absolute jewel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Thank you to the Museum Suites for a long earned romantic getaway with my husband. This was not the intention as the trip was more business related but the suites are so beautifully decorated you could only enjoy the experience of relaxation and luxury they provided. Great location for a night out and to browse around the shops and AnnMarie was so good to us and couldn't have been more helpful. A business trip that turned into a wonderful romantic few days away from the kids in Amsterdam, thank you and I'm sure we'll be back! We were a young couple again and not exhausted hard-working parents! Husbands, a real treat if you want to spoil your wife for a few days!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were made to feel incredibly welcome during a short stay at the museum suites. We (2 old friends) stayed in the Vermeer Suite. The room was beautifully decorated and I was even inspired to go and buy similar lights for our house.
I am desperate to know what the other rooms look like! I will be back.
Incredible value for money.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I took my girlfriend to Amsterdam for her 30th birthday and chose Museum Suites from the reviews and the stunning Van Gogh Suite, it was absolutely beautiful, I organised for Champagne and Flowers to be in the suite on arrival which was perfectly done, the flowers were very reasonable and absolutely gorgeous, the Champagne was recommended by the owners and did not disappoint, was lovely.
We were met on arrival and immediately made to feel welcome; the large suite was extremely clean with an awesome shower.
We had breakfast brought to our room on our first morning and would highly recommend it, was delicious.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we will definitely return to get best use of the large balcony in the sunshine :-)

Room Tip: I originally struggled to choose between the Van Gogh Suite (Bright with a huge balcony) and the Mon...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I was in Amsterdam for two nights and was so happy to have chosen this B&B thanks to TripAdvisor reviews. My room, the Van Gogh, was beautiful. High ceilings, great architectural details, modern bathroom (shower, no bath), and floor to ceiling doors that led out to a patio. I want to come back to this suite in the warmer months so that I can take my coffee on the patio, or enjoy a bottle of wine on the deck.

Another thing I absolutely loved about the hotel and my room was that it was immaculately clean. From the covers on the bed, to every square in of the room, there was not a speck of dust and it smelled great. Oh, and the bed was really comfortable.

Location: Right on the #2 tram line and museums, the big park, and a canal are only about 5 mins away on foot.

Staying in this neighborhood was great. I was walking distance to great shops and restaurants. My favorite spot to have breakfast - Le Pain Quotidien - is close by Johannes Verhulststratat 104. I had the best Omelet with Ham and Gruyer, served with a small salad and bread. It was only 7.95 Euro and big enough to share.

The mother/daughter team did a great job restoring this B&B with loving care and it shows. They are wonderful hosts. Take advantage of their offer to book your canal trip and to make restaurant reservations for you. I ate at a fantastic restaurant off line #2, called Restaurant Blauw ( www.restaurantblauw.nl ). The rice, meat and vegetable dish doesn't sound like much on the menu, but in reality, is an amazing meal where you get small oval bowls of different dishes found on the menu. Share this dish, as it was way too much for me. Loved it! The waitress even offered me magazines to read, as I was dining alone. Reservations are a must.

Note: The stairs are super steep, so don't overpack!

Room Tip: If you are traveling alone, or with a partner, the Van Gogh room is great. If you have a family, the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

From the moment we arrived, this beautiful home felt like ours. Annamarie and Freida were warm and welcoming and extremely helpful with our navigating needs around the city. Our room had a cozy gas fireplace, heavenly bed and top notch private bathroom with the finest fixtures. Housekeeping was tremendous, each day that we returned to our room ,everything was neat as a pin, much neater than we had left it-I must admit!
Although not technically a B&B, we had a personal mini-fridge, a Nespresso machine with a generous supply of capsules and an electric tea kettle, also well supplied. We also discovered a very nice organic market in the neighborhood.Two very satisfactory restaurants were within easy walking distance as well.

On our second night in A'Dam, I was run over by a "hit and run" bicyclist. The next morning Annamarie managed to find a pair of crutches for me, so that I could get around a bit easier!
Christmas morning we were served a lovely breakfast. The next morning as our taxi pulled away, I felt like I was leaving family behind.

Room Tip: We chose the Renoir Suite as it had a gas fireplace. Overlooking the street, we still found it to be...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Providence, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I booked museum suites solely on the basis of tripadvisor, and it's great to be reminded once again that the reviews can be trusted. I am writing this from the comfort of the Rembrandt suite, where we are well looked after by our hosts Frieda and Anne--Marie. This is a lovely, comfortable, well located intimate inn where you feel at home.

Room Tip: We've enjoyed the gas fireplace in the Rembrandt suite
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Museum Suites? Share your experiences!