“Museum Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Museum Suites

Save Saved
You added Museum Suites to your Saves list
Museum Suites
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Willemsparkweg 113, 1071 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #16 of 303 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Museum Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had a delightful stay in the Van Gogh Room two weeks ago. Lovely, convenient neighborhood and location, close to good restaurants and museums within a 5-10 minute walk.
Sunny, beautiful room with excellent amenities and a balcony with chairs.
Beautiful bath with luxury towels.
Everything to make a relaxing, quiet visit and good rest.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

Really would recommend this accomdation. Only downside is no breakfast included which I didn't realise but plenty of places close by. Would definately use again though.

• Stayed October 2010
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My sister and I had a wonderful two night stay in the Vermeer Suite in late August. The accommodation was excellent but what made our stay so delightful was the staff, with special mention to Frida. Nothing was too much trouble, whether it was pre-booking entrance tickets for the museums or popping around the corner to buy us a bottle of wine. These small touches made our stay memorable and I look forward to returning with my husband sometime soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in the Mondrian suite and everything was perfect. The room was clean and nice with lots of room.
The owner was very nice to us in planning the trip and in organizing our time in Amsterdam.
The location is great for visiting the sites and it was easy for me to get to my meetings throughout the city.
Only downside is that there are a lot of stairs if you are on the top floor.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hameln, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel is quite simply amazing! You will not find a room as nice and to such a high standard in all of Amsterdam, especially for the price! I stayed here with my wife for our first anniversary and it did not disappoint. We stayed in the Rembrandt suite and were instantly impressed the second we got into the room. The owners have paid attention to every detail, whether it is the fancy coffee machine or the whirlpool bath. We stayed here over a weekend and to make the weekend as special as I could I asked for breakfast in bed. I would truly advise you to get this as we got plenty of food; they even cooked my wife’s favorite of Crepes on request. The hotel is very easy to get to and is in a very nice upper market neighborhood. The tram stop is about 30 seconds away from the hotel and will take you straight into the centre which takes about 5 mins. There are a number of museums which are even closer and can be walked to in minutes. I have to also recommend the bar which is next to the Tram stop on the same side as the hotel. We spent an afternoon here drinking wine and working our way through their wonderful snack menu. If you are coming to Amsterdam I would recommend parking in the Olympic stadium and catching the tram to the hotel which takes about 10 minutes.

All in all I can not speak of this hotel highly enough. I'm so glad I didn't go for a run of the mill hotel where all the rooms are the same. If you book this hotel you really won't be disappointed - just look at the other reviews. Many thanks to the hotel for making our first anniversary truly special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Tips for writing a great review
Do

The service was exceptionnally excellent, nothing was too much trouble for them.
The addition of a small kitchen in the suite was a bonus if you wish to prepare a simple light breakfast or lunch. (Good supermarket about 5 mins walk away). Photos on website really do it justice.
Hotel ideally located, in a quiet residential street, but within walking distance to Museums and Vondlepark, and #2 tram ouside door!! Easy distance to airport (approx. 30 mins)
I would for sure return and would recommend to anyone wishing to maybe stay a short distance from the lively city scene!!
Thank you Museum Suites for making my first trip to Amsterdam so enjoyable!! Hope to return soon!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

BEST time at Museum Suites! My room was gorgeous and the owner Frida along with her daughter Annemarie were wonderful! They couldn't have been nicer, always ready to inform, accommodate, and always with a friendly smile. I would go back there again the first chance I get. SO much more than a big hotel, you get the best of it all in this wonderful boutique hotel right in the heart of the museum district. Delicious breakfast steps away from the door. Van Gogh Museum and many other museums a short walk from the Suites. Layne Dalfen, dream analyst

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Museum Suites? Share your experiences!