“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Linneausstraat 89, Amsterdam 1093 EK, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #64 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a great stay and would return again. Staff were friendly, professional and helpful and the room was clean. We asked for extra coffee a few times and more always appeared. Room rate was good, but 331 had no view to speak of. Any view at all would have earned the fifth star.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Claire C, General Manager at The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for your visit to our hotel and ofcourse for leaving this pleasant review. We hope to welcome you again!

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel based on other reviews and location to the Train Station and the public transportation (Tram) directly in front of the hotel. Easy access to Dam Square and Centraal Station. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We were directly above the enterance and was concerned about street noise but were surprised that we never noticed and loud or annoying noises. The Blackout curtain was a plus to keep the light and sound to a minimum. The Staff were friendly and helpful. We were offered a discounted price if we purchsed breakfast at check in. We opted to purchase and we were pleased with the quality and choices. We ordered room service and our meal was excellent and well prepared and presentation was nice. We enjoyed our stay in this well maintained hotel and would recommend without hesitation to any looking for these qualities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. kind regards Claire van Campen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend over New Year. The hotel is lovely and modern, the room was clean and the beds were comfy. Staff were polite but not very chatty. As soon as we arrived, we were asked to pay a city tax of €28 plus a deposit of €50. There are two lovely cafes just along from the hotel, Caffe Milo and Caffe Kuijper. On our first night we went for dinner at Caffe Milo, the food was delicious and drinks were so much cheaper than in the centre of Amsterdam. Both are lovely for breakfast too and much cheaper than the hotel. Would definitely recommend! We made the mistake of ordering breakfast at the Hotel and it was cold, very disappointing and €17 each! Not worth the money at all. There are several tram lines outside of the hotel, Tram 9 takes you straight to Dam Square and Centraal Station which was really handy. It was worth it being a little bit further out but it only takes 10 minutes on the tram until you're in the centre of Amsterdam.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire C, General Manager at The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. I'm very sorry to hear that your expectation didn't match the reality.
Sorry to read that the breakfast served was not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel. With your input we can improve ourselves. I hope I may welcome you again so you can experience that we will do anything to give you a pleasant stay.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

really nice hotel. i loved the location and the building.
beautiful room and really kind people. never been to the internal restaurant but it seems a really good one. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels

Thank you for your visit to our hotel and ofcourse for leaving this pleasant review. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Geneva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went there with my partner for a long week end and I took this hotel because it wasn’t in the centre, but it wasn’t so far, and it looked like a nice non-standard place.

I will start with the negative points:

First of all, the entrance: why there is a dressed table right in the entrance, which no one ever used? It’s just to say “hey, we have a restaurant”? I entered the hotel and I was already a little bit lost.

Then, the reception. I don’t know why you decided to have them like supermarket desks, but it’s a choice, and it doesn’t matter. But I had to wait, and too much, and then had a receptionist that wasn’t smiling at all … this is important for me, and it wasn’t a good start.

Property: the room was quite clean, except the fact that I found a hair in the bathroom wall near the toilet.. but the corridor to arrive in the room was terrible. Black stains everywhere, and not recent. I would heartily suggest to change the carpeting (also because the theme is awful).

In the end, the breakfast. Very well presented, large choice, ham, cheese, eggs, fruits but… 17euro?? Are you serious?? I had it once, then for 5euro I had every day a very good breakfast 50 metres from the hotel.

Positive points: very good position. There is a tram stop right in front of the hotel, and it goes directly to the centre. The bed is very comfy and the room is big enough…

Anyway, I would not suggest this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in wrting a review.I'm very sorry to hear that we did not meer your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here as a couple in Feb 13. It was a lovely hotel, the decor was modern and artisitic. Very unusual but it stands out from other hotels. The staff were polite and the rooms were clean (although a bit on the small side). We were hardly ever in the room as we wanted to explore Amsterdam.

There is a bus which stops directly outside the hotel which takes you into central Amsterdam in about 15 minutes. These buses run quite late too. We got a taxi back to the hotel one evening which was about €20, not too pricey.

We ate in the restauant one night and the food was delicious. The service was fantastic, staff were extremely polite and attentive. It was reasonably priced too.

If you are looking for a nice hotel, slightly out of the city centre, then this is a great choice. It is also only about a ten minute walk from the train station which has trains going directly to Schipol airport ( al ot cheaper than a taxi).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I booked this hotel to do something special with my girlfriend on Christmas night. We Arrived very late at 12 o'clock. The guy who checked me in was not bad but he didn't explain anything. The only thing he said was room 37.

At the time i was very hungry so I asked a staff member for some food he only had some nuts from the bar. I was disappointed the room service had only pizza's no snacks. I was even more disappointed next morning when i found out that the hotel had a snack machine in the lobby tucked away in a corner. "great work staff"

The room was nice a little to white for me but that’s personal. Very big room, high ceiling, two TV’s a bathroom with a window looking into the room. Separate bath, shower and a very well isolated toilet, nice !

Breakfast was disapointing no special christmas spirit. The only word a staff member said to me was "room number". I like to eat a big breakfast in hotels but the selection was just poor not 4 stars. I left the hotel and ate another breakfast across the road.

Overall not good. Nice rooms, bad staff, no Christmas spirit, I wouldn't go here if you want to celebrate holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire C, General Manager at The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
'm very sorry to hear that your expectation didn't match the reality.
Thanks a lot for writing this review. With your input we can improve ourselves.

c.vancampen@hampshire-hotels.com

Been to The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden? Share your experiences!