One of my customers booked me into The Manor Hotel in Amsterdam. While this is overall a quite good hotel I think some things could be improved. I had room 334.
What I liked
+ Good location, next to a tram station, so everything is easy reachable
+ Bikes for rent
+ Large rooms with nice style
+ Nice bathrooms with tub and separate shower
+ Internet is free
What I did not like
- Only a handful of parking spots and they charge 17.50 EUR per night (!)
- Breakfast is very mediocre (if not to say of shady quality) and they charge 17 EUR
- For a 4 star hotel some things don't add up - from the empty shower gel system in the shower, over the broken toilet paper handle to the not working desk light. There seems to be in total a problem with maintenance here
- Only shower gel and shampoo on your first day, get lost for every other day
- They request that you leave the car key at the front desk. Why no valet parking if you want to keep the car? This feels like they wanted to show luxury but failed
- I was handed down three times at check-in (obviously I was not important enough for them) and when I was asked for the brand of my car (Seat Exeo Company Car) the guy look at me and said "No Maybach yet?"
- Slow service at dinner
Overall I would say: If you need a hotel that can be reachable by public transport in Amsterdam this is a good hotel. If you come by car it probably makes sense to stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Certified with the Golden Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Otel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Manor Hotel Amsterdam - Hampshire Eden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.