You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #53 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shawnee, Kansas
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our family of 2 adults and 2 teens stayed at this property on the last stop of our 2 week vacation. The location is excellent, right next to the train station, but it is still very quiet. This is a busy hotel. The lobby and lounges were busy throughout the day. Rooms were nice, beds very comfortable and the bathroom was nice as well. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast one day, which was good, but expensive. We frequented the sky bar and lounges to play cards as a family and always had good service. I would recommend this to anyone in Amsterdam for business or for a family looking for a convenient location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
It is great to hear that you and your family truly enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy the room and facilities were according to your wishes and that you found the beds very comfortable. Good that you have enjoyed SkyLounge and that my colleagues have been very helpful. Thank you very much for recommending us and for sharing your great experiences! I hope we may welcome you and your family again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,005)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Get off the plane at Schipol , take the train to central Station and you are one block from the Hotel. The location is fantastic , you have all the trams at your door , downtown a couple of minutes away . It is a hybrid between American and European hotels . Modern , clean , good service but tiny rooms and tiny gym . I would go back for the location if I could a better price

Room Tip: Had a crummy room !!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing these great comments! It makes me happy to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the location of the hotel was convenient for you. Great to hear you would return to the hotel, we are looking forward to having you again!
Bothwell, Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Staying here just now until the 8th June in room 806, for my honeymoon. Great staff all though we didn't get offered cookies when checking in. Thanks to Thijs Willemsma he is a credit to your hotel. Room spacious and clean. Hope rest of stay is good. Will write another review when we leave.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for this review! I am delighted to read that you are enjoying your stay so much.

Enjoy your honeymoon and enjoy the great weather!
Cedar Falls, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As someone who regularly travels internationally, I've stayed in numerous hotels around the world and have never before been tempted to write a review. After all, when all is well, any high-end hotel delivers. But it is in times of need that you realize what a difference world-class management can make.

The accommodations and service were perfect even before the incident. During my stay, I suffered an abrupt, life-threatening medical emergency. A finely coordinated response involving no fewer than 8 hotel employees followed immediately. By all accounts, their swift, calm and competent action saved my life, such that even the doctors were shocked. Had the staff been less well trained, less equipped, or less concerned with my well-being, I would not have survived.

When I returned to the hotel from the hospital, it was the compassion and emotion of the employees that most amazed me. The general manager and the operations manager were visibly concerned and actively involved throughout the process. The hotel was incredibly flexible and accommodating with my family (who came out to join me) during this difficult time, and we could not have asked for better treatment.

While this was a unique situation, everyone fears facing an emergency abroad. In their hands, you can rest easy knowing you'll be treated with the utmost care, in good times and bad.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am delighted to read that you were happy with our help. It was our pleasure and we are all happy that it ended up well.

I hope you will visit our hotel again in good times!
Terrassa, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel always keeps its high quality standards. It's a real pleasure be their customer from the "welcome, here's your warm cookie" to the "hope to see you soon". Hope to be in summer and enjoy warm evenings in the terrace

• Stayed June 2014
Caroline_Receveur, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice words! I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Horgen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

As the Hilton in Amsterdam was fully booked, I decided to stay in the Double Tree. And it was a good decision. The Doubletree is right next to the central trainstation and in the center of Amsterdam.
The room on 6th floor had a wonderful view to the city. What I really liked was the Apple computer in the room. I mainly used it as TV and it is quite fancy.
On evening we had dinner at the bar on the 11th floor. Unfortunately it started raining so we had to move inside. There it was quite noisy. But the quality of the burger was good.
The next day we wanted to go to the bar again just for a drink - but because it was even louder than the day before we decided to go to the bar on the groundfloor.
Breakfast was really good and there was a lot of different choices. So I'm will really consider the hotel again.

Room Tip: I had the room 6.29 it has a beautiful view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your posivite feedback! I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can welcome you again next time you visit Amsterdam.
Southport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights here and were left bemused by the quality of customer service throughout our stay. Upon arrival we booked in and were told to leave our suitcases in the corner adjacent to the check in desk as we were unable to enter the room due to them being busy and the rooms had not yet been cleaned, we did as we were instructed and returned several hours later to collect our suitcases. I was greeted by Timothy the young man responsible for the luggage, he proceeded to give me a lecture on why I had not received a "ticket" for my luggage. He went to great lengths to tell me how the bags could of been stolen, security risk, etc, etc. I was amazed that I was being lectured too by a member of staff considering I had only done what was requested by the staff at the reception. I then complained about the way I was being spoken too and that I was staying at the Hilton, not a coffee shop !!!! Once inside the very, very compact executive room, we prepared for our evening out, no tea and coffee as it had not been restocked, the hair dryer ceased working half way through using it, I contacted reception and " we will send one up straight away ", 2 further phone calls later my wife went out for the evening with damp hair as not hair dryer arrived. The hotel appears to cater for corporate bookings and not for couples who want quality service. A very expensive weekend which was spoilt by poor customer service. To top it all, €360 for two nights plus holiday tax of€14 and it didn't include breakfast, that was €25 each extra !!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple