“Previous visits were better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #46 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Previous visits were better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Somehow I ended up booking an disabled accessible room. I guess the staff could have corrected and provided me with a standard room but they did not. they simply told me the bathroom has addition space, the rest is the same. In fact the bathroom is configured very differently is not convenient for those not needing accessibility. The room itself had an off smell. The TV audio did not work. Since I checked in late and was only spending one night I did not inform the staff to fix the issue. Having said that, my previous stays have been quite good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
First I would like to thank you for returning to our hotel, it is really nice to hear that your previous stay was according to your wishes. I am sorry that this stay did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you ended up in an accessible room, apparantly something went wrong when making the reservation. I am sorry that we could not change you into another room. I hope you will return to the hotel again, so we can live up to your expectations again.

3,028 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend.
We didn't know the hotel before this stay but found it via the BA website where it was recommended.
We were greeted by lovely front of house staff in a really modern clean and slick reception hall.
The building is located just moments from the Central Station which was perfect fof jumping off the train from the airport.
I'm not sure how long the hotel has been here for but it's so clean and modern inside it feels no more than a year old at most.
The room was modern and clean. The bathroom suite modern and well appointed.
The room included a Mac with full use of all the features.
There is also a great bar on the top floor with amazing views over the city, don't miss this!
The location is no more than a few minutes walk into the city.
I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Amsterdam.
Great service, modern, fantastic location and most importantly it is great value for money!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
It makes me happy to read that you really liked your stay in our hotel. It is really nice to read your compliments about our building and rooms, thank you very much for your comments! I hope you will visit Amsterdam and our hotel again one day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Well, it's a Double Tree in a major city....it was exactly as I thought. A nice corporate hotel with some local twists. The added surprise for me was the attached Starbucks. I think there is a bike rental at the hotel. If I only knew...

The most important aspect of this hotel is its proximity to Amsterdam Central. It's one block away. On the other hand, all the great things to do are only 5 minutes away. If you're looking for a good compromise of being close to all things great Amsterdam, not in the middle of the crazies, and being as close as it gets to the ACC. Stay here.

Room Tip: There is a club/lounge upstairs....action.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Great to read that the hotel met your expectations! I am glad you have enjoyed our facilities and I am sorry for not having informed you enough about the bike rental at the hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a very good stay. The staff were incredibly welcoming and extended the 2 free breakfasts that came with our executive rooms to cover our whole party of 4. Great views on the canal and really close to central station.

Room Tip: We had a rom with a canal view which was great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for these comments! It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.
McAllen, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am a diamond member and tried to check-in early to find that it was impossible. They asked my to pay 40 euros and they can give me a room early. Small rooms, noisy, hard beds the only good thing was the breakfast, they have a good selection. Location is good. I'm going back this weekend to a different Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are trying to contact you personally, with the contact details we have from your profile. Thank you for sharing your experiences and hopefully we are able to get in touch with you soon.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Good variant for business trip. railway-station is very close and it's comfortable for those who travel by train or go from the airport by train.not far from center and all places are close.Very comfortable conference rooms

• Stayed March 2014
It is really nice to hear your compliments about the conference rooms, thank you very much! It is good that you have enjoyed your trip in our hotel and that the location was convenient for you! Thank you.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed several times in this hotel last year. Each and every time I receive what I expected and even more! Recently friends visited the hotel as well (on my advise), and they were as satisfied as me. So if you need a great hotel, centrally located in Amsterdam, stop searching, book Double Tree

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for being loyal to our hotel. It is great to hear that you always receive what you are expecting and even more! Thank you for recommending us and hopefully we can welcome you soon again!