“This hotel is a great value.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Save 10% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #48 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Austin
“This hotel is a great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

If you are wanting to go to Amsterdam to see the museums and have a central location to jump on the subway, trams, buses or intercity trains, this hotel is perfect. The room is small and there is inadequate clothing storage for a long stay, but this is Amsterdam, and everything is cramped. We booked an executive room, which included breakfast and some free Heineken for a couple of hours a day, but the best thing about the room was the amazing view of the city. We were there new years eve and watched fireworks for hours from the room. There was just a small shower in the lowest level executive double room, but it had good water pressure and temperature. Everything was very clean and well maintained. For the price, about $160 euro per night (which includes tax) it was a great value for what we got. If you arrive by train, don't follow the Google directions to the hotel. You can just get off the train and go left by the Centraal Station and cross the bridge right across from the hotel. You don't have to go out to the street and then come back.

Room Tip: Get an executive room with a view and access to the lounge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is greatly appreciated!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed New Years Eve with us! I am sorry to read the size of our rooms were not what you expected. Our rooms have been designed to offer a comfortable stay with all facilities you may expect from a 3 star property, making maximum use of the limited space available on a prime city center location.

Furthermore I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and view of your room as well as the water temperature and pressure. We hope to see you soon again!

Caroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (936)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel only for 1 night. I had a single room. Everything was really perfect. Even the receptionist spoke almost our language, which was a big suprise. I stayed at 6 floor, unfortunatelly overlooking the other rooms. But since I stayed there only for an overnight sleep I actually didn't care. It was very nice furbished and clean. The IT in the room is excellent. I can even browse the internet, without my computer, although it worked a bit slow. I also used wifi, which worked perfect.
Also the location of the hotel is really great, right beside the central station, which makes very easy also to go there from the airport. Also the city center is in a walking distance from the hotel, so we went also to nearby shops.
The breakfast is really good with a very good variety, from salami, a lot of different sorts of cheese, eggs, jams, cereals, bread, fruit, yougurt, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comments about our breakfast, staff and location. I will certainly share your feedback with the team!

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Doubletree Amsterdam met all of our needs. Located just a few minutes walk from Centraal station and Damrak meant a majority of the attractions were within walking distance. We were there for my wife's 30th birthday and I had pre-arranged flowers an birthday cake for her. Both went down a treat. The staff always greet you with a smile and always try to help if you have any issues. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is greatly appreciated!

It is so good to hear that your wife's birthday with us was a memorable experience! Thank you for your comments about the staff, I will certainly pass along your kind words.

We hope to see you soon again,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hello,
I am a very loyal customer to the double tree amsterdam hotel,this would of been my 10th stay and can I say I was APPALLED at the service from when we arrived,our flight was 7am so we got to the hotel for about 11.30am we were not even greeted with a smile and then told check in was not until 3pm,I explained that we were regulars and if there was anything we can do to stay inside as it was freezing out,she said no as this was hotel procedures and then said it's 40euros! No other explanation nothing! I then asked if I could leave our bags and she pointed me over to guest services!!! Before arriving I requested early check in as it was my husbands birthday,we went away fuming with no sleep having to wait in Starbucks,I'm 3 months pregnant and was really tiered so we headed back for about 2pm and asked if we could check in but was told no!!!! And that she wouldn't change the rules for us!! I wanted to pay that 40 euros but refused after how we had been treated!!! We went off and came back at 3 were she checked me in under a wrong name and when I told her she got offended and tutted!!! She have us a room by the trains which was noisy and very high!!! Even though I requested a low floor,all I can say is I'm so sad as I recommend this hotel to all my friends and family,I go to amaterdam every 8 weeks with work,in fact I'm coming back in march but will never stay here again I've wasted money here to be treated really badly,I don't appreciate this service I'm pregnant and friendly and to be treated like this on a trip was was very special is so sad!!! It's not nice to have people like the lady who 'helped' me as the face of the hotel!!! Not happy

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you very much for informing us with the details of your recent stay with us.

I am so so sorry for your recent experience with us. The situation you describe does obviously not correspond with our philosophy on good service.
As we feel we have not deliviered the service you may expect from us, it would really be a great help if you would contact me directly with the details of your last stay so I can personally follow up.

Penarth, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We decided to visit Amsterdam to celebrate our 25th year together and we really enjoyed it. We had a suite on the fourth floor, which had a water-side view, a separate living area, bedroom and bathroom. Included with our room was a breakfast buffet and use of the Executive Lounge in the evenings, where there are complimentary drinks and snacks available. The staff at this hotel congratulated us on our 25th anniversary and gave us warm cookies when we checked in. The Double Tree is in a very good location just next to the Central Station. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: It's worth spending a bit extra and choosing a suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Very nice to read! I am happy that you enjoyed celebrating your 25th anniversary with us. Congratulations! Caroline.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms are VERY small. Very high price for the type of room that you get..the place is clean and nice, in North America can get like a place 5x time better than this but i guess its the location....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!

I am sorry to read the size of our rooms were not what you expected; though, they have been designed to offer a comfortable stay with all facilities you may expect from a 4 star property, making maximum use of the limited space available on a prime city centre location.

Furthermore it is good to hear that you enjoyed our location.

We hope to see you again in the future,
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you are looking for a convenient location and for a nice hotel, the Double Tree @ Central Station would be perfectly suitable. The hotel is a standard Double Tree Hotel but it has an extremely attentive staff. The Skyl Lounge on the top floor offers a panoramic view and a discrete but vibrant atmosphere. We had a room facing the bridge by the side of Central Station with a lovely view. The breakfast was ample and tasty and for only 5 Euros charge we had it served in bed. We were offered a complimentary meal as we were woken up by mistake by staff and the local police in the middle of the night. The meal voucher was accompanied by a handwritten letter from the duty manager which was a very nice touch. Despite the fact that we were quite annoyed about what had happened the night before (as we couldn't go back to sleep!) we thought that staff handled the situation at their best and were very apologetic for what had happened. It was a shame that we actually got our meal voucher after dinner time :-( Overall a pleasant staying. I would be happy to go back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for you positive review! Good to read that everything was made up right by the duty manager. Caroline.