“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, Amsterdam 1011 DK, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #45 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Woking, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights last week. Found the hotel new, clean and rooms were well equipped. Good breakfast (very good selection of food on offer) and a Starbucks on site was very handy. Location was convenient for sightseeing and local restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for staying in our hotel and writing this nice review. This is really appreciated!

I am happy you liked our hotel, specially our breakfast! and found our hotel rooms well equiped.

How great to hear that you found our location to be convenient and that you could reach the highlights of Amsterdam and local restaurant without a problem.

I hope to welcoming you back soon to our hotel!

2,502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (738)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We traveled from London to Amsterdam by train and we stayed at the DoubleTree Amsterdam Centraal Station for 3 nights and were pleasantly surprised. The hotel is located within easy walking distance from Centraal Station and is in the heart of all of the attractions. The view from the room was stunning and I would highly recommend that you stay here if you are every in Amsterdam. The staff were nice, warm and friendly and the warm chocolate chip cookies are to die for. Along with providing directions to local attractions, the staff were very gracious to even provide detailed travel directions to our next destination upon our check-out. I will always remember the politeness of the staff, the cleanliness of the hotel and will definitely be staying at the DoubleTree the next time I am in Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much fo taking the time to share this with us. It is great to hear you had such a nice experience at our hotel. I will definitely pass on your nice words to our staff; they will be very happy with it!

I hope to see back soon!

Claudia
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

There were 3 of us that booked a room here and we didn't really know what to expect however it exceeded what we could have imagined.

I think the stand out thing here is that all the staff were extremely friendly, polite and helpful. The room was in my name and my friend arrived 4 hours earlier than me. Unfortunately he couldn't check in, however was given access to the Exec lounge early without checking in.

I was slightly concerned initially with the close proximity of the rail station but I didn't hear a thing from the outside.

Overall we had a great stay and certainly set the tone of the whole weekend. Can't complain about the Smoked Salmon and eggs for breakfast neither.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay with us!

I am so happy to hear you describe our staff as extremely friendly, polite and helpful. We do everything possible to create a unique experience for every guest in our hotel I will most certainly pass along your kind words to the entire staff!

We are all looking forward to your next stay with us,

El Dorado Hills, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel contiuned to go above and beyond during our entire 6 night stay. From the room upgrade and making our day when we returned from our Paris trip. The Doubletree Amsterdam was top notch! The location is perfect and just steps away from Centraal Station. Rooms are sound proof and very clean!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It is really rewarding the read this kind of reviews! I am so happy you had an Anniversary of a lifetime and that you enjoyed your stay with specially on this special ocassion!

I would really love to welcoming you back soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Excellent hotel with convenient location. Be sure to request a quiet room away from railway lines. Of course, you still get some noisy guests who return at various hours of the night. The breakfasts are first rate with an amazing choice available and food is constantly replenished as supplies run low. The dinners were delicious and served in comfortable, pleasant surroundings. Service is first rate. Luggage can be stored free of charge on departure day. No hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, it is really appreciated!

I am naturally pleased to read you enjoyed our service, breakfast and dinner. I am also very happy to read you would recommend our hotel to other travellers, thank you!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had to overnight at Amsterdam on my way from Rotterdam after a week business trip. My next flight would be the day after. Conveniently searched online, I found the relatively new DOUBLE Tree by Hilton at Amsterdam Central Station, because it was not there yet in my previous trip.

I liked the location, just as you walk out of Central Station, turn to the left, and walk for about 5 minutes or so is the hotel conspicuously at the nex corner with a very odd designed building. It's very convenient if you are using the train to go anywhere after. It was convenient for me to go to Schipol airport early the next morning. It was easy also to go around Amsterdam is just across the river is already the red light area, and a few more minutes walk to the Dam Central.

The rate was also kind of reasonable even if we booked just a week before we arrive.

Of course, I love the most is the welcome chocolate cookies that they give to guests when checking in. They give it to you warm thus the chocolate just melt in your mouth . It was nice gesture to welcome guests. Imagine it was so cold outside and then when you queue to check in (there was a bit of chaos during queue as just too many people), their staff hands you a brown paper bag, warm when you hold it, and when you open it was the chocolate cookies. What a bliss.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate it!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location and our warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in.
We would love to welcome you back in the future!

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Before my flight to Amsterdam, hubby assure me that Dutch are very warm & friendly esp people from the hospitality industry! Well, not for Double Tree, the Front Desk ladies made the cold weather even colder!

Rooms are small (reminded me of Hong Kong), no double-glazed windows, noise from outside (trains, ambulance, motor bike) canbe heard clearly esp in the middle of the night and early in morning. Otherwise, rooms are well kept & clean.

That about all for Double Tree Amsterdam, I really disappointed with their service, I have high expectation when we talking about Hilton here! The folks appear to be nice and warm on their Face Book, however, don't deceive by that. They have very nice hardware (building, décor etc) but seriously lack of software-serve with passion and initiative.

Although I had email my flight details months before of our trip and It was my fault to expect the hotel would have take the initiative to arrange us for an early check-in after 13hours flight! (we booked 2 rooms)

Following are what had transpired during our check-in:
No greeting no smile from the counter staff..
Me: Can we have the rooms earlier? (it was about 10am)
She: NO, if you want earlier check-in, you should have asked! Check-in time is 3pm!
Me: In that case, can we have at least 1 room for us to rest, we had flew for 13hrs?
She: No, rooms are full! (continue to do her check in without looking at us)
Me: Where do you suggest we should go to kill our time?
She: I don't know!
Me: (getting frustrated with her attitude); well, can you give us a ring once the room are ready?
She: NO
.......the next few questions were still cold NO from her.

Another colleague of hers, who also has some attitude problem, it suddenly made me wonder am I plain unlucky or becos I am Asian! When I approached her on how should I dial a local nos from my cell phone (showed her the tel nos I wanted to dial), she replied to me: I don't work for Telco !

I felt like I was talking to a robot who has no passion to serve. For other hotels we stayed before, be it budget or luxury , people are ready to help and at least we can feel their passion, but not for the ladies. ok, at least the guys at the customer service were really nice and helpful in this hotel.

I would hated to say they are racist but can't help to feel that way, we felt unwelcomed. I witnessed the ladies were rather rude to another group of tourists but were much nice towards business travellers.

I am so glad that I only stayed there for 2 nights and I booked rest of my remaining 5 nights with The Metropolitan (after we returned from Switzerland) instead. And I will definitely not going to stay there again when I am back to Amsterdam next year for 2 weeks and will NOT recommend any of my friends to stay at Double Tree!

Stay at The Metropolitan instead, lovely apartment, warm owner and nice neighbour. It's just a stone throw away from many attractions and not far from Central Station.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
We very much regret the feeling you have been given upon arrival at the hotel. As you can see from other reviews this was absolutely not representative for the service and friendliness we are known for.
We have immediately investigated thoroughly how this could have happened and spoke to the concerning employee and supervisor in charge. On behalf of all of us we do sincerely apologize. Please trust we make no difference between guests in any way, being an international hotel we love to welcome guests from anywhere in the world.

Regarding the sound in your room I am surprised to read, as the rooms are isolated according to the strictest norms in sound proofing. Windows are even triple glazed. However behind the curtain there is a small part of the window which can be opened. As this is not directly visible, could this perhaps have been the cause of you hearing ambulances etc?

I do hope we may welcome you back in the future to show you your recent experience was truly incidental.