“Way better then the normal Hilton in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #50 of 351 Hotels in Amsterdam
Zurich, Switzerland
“Way better then the normal Hilton in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed in a King City Suite. Modern Room with two brand new iMacs, one in the living room (equiped with a decent bose sound system) and one in the bedroom which also served as a TV. Checked in at the Hilton Honors desk (diamond member), front staff was very friendly and helpfull. Room was clean, free mini bar as diamond member, food quality of room service was average. Bre kfast buffet was nice. Hotel is located very close to central station. Definately a great choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I am very glad to read this was a great choice for your stay! reviews like these are very rewarding!

I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our King City Suite and the facilities including in this type of room, however I regret to read the food quality of rooms service was average. We are committed in providing our guests with the highest service and Food and Beverage quality. For this reason we very much appreciate our guest’s feedback, as it helps us fully understand our performance and it helps us to improve our overall service.

I hope to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.
Caroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,066)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

most disappointing 4 star hotel We have ever stayed in. They bumped me on rate. Size of room was like a matchbox. cleanliness was non existent did not vacuum floor untill we complained Had to change room because of excessive noise There is now way we would stay there again or recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Tha'ts a rather disappointing review for sure. I am not sure what you mean with 'bumped on rate', but we do offer some very attractive and competitive rates when you book far out. Our rooms are designed for maximum comfort offering floor to ceiling windows, power showers, free wifi, Apple iMac computers in all rooms and many more facilities, also outside the rooms like our inhouse Starbucks, Executive Lounge, rooftop SkyLounge, City Cafe and Lobby Bar. Each room is throroughly cleaned prior to check-in. I do most sincerely apologize if there have been any errors in cleaning throughout your stay. Would you be able to share with me your details and dates of stay for further follow up?
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

A very comfortable, well run hotel. Everything feels very new, and the service was excellent. Good central location. The standard rooms are quite small, but have everything you need and are well designed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

First of all thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.

I am very glad our service was excellent and that you found our hotel to be very comfortable.

The size of our rooms have been designed to offer a comfortable stay with all facilities you may expect from a 4 star property, making maximum use of the limited space available on a prime city centre location. They have indeed all what you need when being away from home!

I hope to welcoming you soon back to our hotel.
Norwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I were guests at the Doubletree from August 13th through August 17th 2013. During our stay, a piece of our luggage along with its contents was stolen from our room.

As soon as we arrived at our room, we realized that there was no drawer space with the exception of two small drawers in the desk. I called the front desk and inquired about upgrading to a larger room. I was told that there were no rooms that would have additional drawer space.
Following our stay in Amsterdam, my wife and I were traveling to Brussels and Reykjavík. Since it would be much colder in Iceland, we required warmer clothing than we needed in either Amsterdam or Brussels. In order to get through the four day stay in Amsterdam, I had to unpack and repack my luggage so that I could leave the clothing that we would require in Iceland in one of the suitcases.

We had reservations on an early morning train to Brussels on August 17th, so we began packing the clothing that we were wearing in Amsterdam late in the afternoon of August 16th. It was at that time that we realized that one of our two suitcases was missing. I immediately called the front desk to report the theft. I was told that someone would get back to me immediately. After about 20 minutes I called again. In response to that call the manager on duty came up to our room. She asked us some questions, but it was clear that she believed that we had lost the piece of luggage prior to our arrival at the hotel.

She told us that the electronic lock on the door of the room, recorded all times that someone entered the room. The piece of luggage that was stolen was part of a set of Tumi luggage that is grey/green in color so that it does not blend in with every piece of black luggage. She had a member of her staff, take a picture of one of the other pieces of our luggage. She told us that there were security cameras throughout the hotel and that our bag could not leave the hotel without it being caught on one of the cameras. She also said that she would interview the staff who cleaned our room during our stay.

A couple of hours later, we were advised that she had checked the record of entry into our room and reviewed the films from the security cameras. She also stated that she interviewed the staff and trusted the employees who had entered our room. She stated that she was not saying that we were lying, but that there was no record of the bag leaving the room or the hotel during our stay.

As compensation for our loss, we were offered us dinner in the hotel restaurant. We were given a piece of used luggage that, based upon the condition, was probably discarded by a previous guest at the hotel. The manager also contacted the concierge at our hotel in Brussels, so that he could advise us where we could purchase warm clothing when we arrived in Brussels the next morning.

At that point, I believed that there was nothing further that I could do regarding this situation, although I was 100% sure that we had the piece of luggage when we checked into the room. When we packed our bags for the trip, rather than packing all of the warm clothing in one suitcase, we distributed the items so that both suitcases would be under the weight limit set by the airline to avoid additional baggage fees on our flight to Amsterdam. When I unpacked and repacked the suitcases upon arrival, I packed the warmer clothing into the suitcase that would fit under the desk.

After returning home from Iceland, I gave this matter additional thought. I realized that if there were in fact security cameras that would have captured the bag leaving the hotel, there would also be security cameras that would have captured my wife and I entering the hotel on the morning of August 13th with four matched pieces of the Tumi luggage described earlier in this letter (two roller bags and two carry-on bags) and leaving the hotel on August 17th with only three pieces. I sent a letter to Mr. Christopher J. Nassetta, President & Chief Executive Officer
Hilton Worldwide explaining the situation and that there was a serious security issue that the hotel would not acknowledge. I pointed out that this situation could be verified by reviewing the tapes from the hotel security cameras (if there were in fact working security cameras) for the day of our arrival and through the days of our departure.

My letter was not even acknowledged. Based upon this experience and the fact that my letter was ignored, it is highly unlikely that I will stay at another Hilton Hotel if another option is available.

PRC

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
First of all we still very much regret your suitcase is missing. As I am always personally involved if such an incident occurs I very much recall the situation and can only repeat what has been explained by our operations manager on site. The hotel does have a very wide range of security measures, far beyond the standard for international hotel operations. Also all our members of team are screened throroughly prior to hiring. The extremely limited number of theft incidents proofs there is no issue with security overall, which does obviously not mean we deny this from happening or we do not take this situation extremely serious. All camera material has been reviewed, electronic lock files have been checked and any member of team with access to your room has been thoroughly interviewed. As per the law we however have to assume everybody is innocent untill the opposite has been proven.
As you can see on tripadvisor we do respond to all comments and concerns, therefore not responding to a letter of such importance would most likely be related to us not having received the letter rather than not acknolowding the situation.
If you send me a direct message via email or via tripadvisor I do guarantee you will receive an immediate reply.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here back in December 2012, I took me a while to write this review here but I still remember my excellent experience here vividly.

I would highly recommend this hotel due to its strategic location, pleasant service and overall facilities provided- free wifi and computer service at the lobby (if you're lucky, sometimes the free wifi is available at your room but the coverage is not consistence). Oh the price is great too!

Just a short walk from Amsterdam Centraal and within the walking distance to the big shopping mall / Dam Square, red light district and places to eat (do try the popular Manneken Pis fries) Furthermore I was particularly very happy with the fact that they allowed us to check in earlier than the standard time. Couldn't be happier with our stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I also couldn't be happier with your nice review! thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and were very pleased with the service overall. i regret to read the wi-fi connection didnt have enough reception; kindly note you can always contact our Front Office so that we can fix the problem immediately.

I would love to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

4* Doubletree Hotel CentraalBahnhof
Conveniently located across the street from the central train station (and a few blocks away from the Rhein River cruises port of call)
Friendly & helpful reception staff e.g., Jose
Gratuitous bottled waters & fruit at front desk
Have computer near front desk to print boarding passes
Rooms are large and great views and Apple TVs
11th floor lounge is a must for its fantastic view & friendly hostess service
Minus: TV programming is international, but no movies, HBO
Minus: rooms have few drawers, poor design and use of space, dangerous bedstands w/sharp corners
Gym is nice, but no alcohol wipes
Has Starbucks on the ground floor

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of St. Nicholas'
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.

I am very happy to hear our staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely pass your message to our colleague, she will be very glad with this!

Regarding the TV movie channels, we took this into consideration, but we don’t have many travellers who requested this. Of course we always hold into account to provide the best service towards every guest and we choose to broadcast a lot of English / American channels. Next to that the IMac Multimedia system is able to stream TV channels from all over the world, so that everyone is able to watch their favourite shows so that you won’t miss a thing!

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the drawers in your room, the design and the space.Our rooms have been designed to make maximum use of the limited space available on a city centre location. As a solution for future stays please do not hesitate to contact me as we would be delighted to offer you an upgrade to one of our junior suites.

I hope to see back soon!
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while attending the IBC Conference. The location is unbeatable and the staff was very, very gracious. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, and the stylish Skye Lounge on the 11th floor has incredible views and good food as well as drinks. The rooms are very, very clean, but on the small size. Well suited for the business traveler or anyone looking for the prime location close to train, trams, and places to see.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I am very happy you found our location "unbeatable" and that our staff was very helpfull and friendly during your stay. We continuously strive to enhance our services and therefore, value our guests’ feedback greatly.

You can definitely find the best views of the city from our Sky Lounge with great snacks and drinks!

I hope to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.