“modern hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, Amsterdam 1011 DK, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Special Price
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #45 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
uk
“modern hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

5 minutes walk from the central station and a great location. The hotel is modern - nicely designed - and very clean. The check-in staff at the HHonors counter were pleasant, helpful and efficient. Our room had a club balcony - and was an unusual layout - but overall had a great view, was very clean and the bed comfortable. The executive lounge was very well stocked - offering a comprehensive breakfast and evening drinks - with coffee / tea etc. available throughout the day. I guess my only gripe was that it was on the ground floor - where higher up would have had a better view. However if it is a view of the city you want - try the sky lounge - panoramic - chic - and although not cheap - i didn't feel it was any more expensive than similar bars i'd been to in other cities. Overall a very good experience - and will certainly plan to stay here again on our next Amsterdam visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Great to read you had a good experience in our hotel and our team was very helpfull. Looking forward to welcome you in the future when you visit Amsterdam again.

2,509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

From our reception at the front desk to our room, we really enjoyed this hotel. The women who checked us in was very friendly, positive and helpful. Even my husband, never easy to impress, walked away saying wow, that was a great check in!

We had an executive room with city view. We thought it was a fine size and we had a view of the city. We didn't hear the trains.

If you choose an executive room, know that a breakfast is included in the executive lounge. Even though it might not be as extensive as the breakfast served in the restaurant, it certainly would suit most people. They also have evening snacks, with wine and beer here in the evenings.

I didn't know that there was this executive breakfast area, I had already reserved my room with breakfast at additional cost. The first morning we checked out the executive breakfast and decided that was enough for us, so I went to the desk to ask to have my restaurant breakfast charges taken off my bill for the rest of the stay. They wouldn't do it. I was really surprised. In affect I paid for breakfast twice while there.

Other then this breakfast problem, I was very happy with our stay and I would stay at this hotel again if we're ever to return to Amsterdam. I do think they should do a better job in telling you what is included in the 'executive' room cost.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the additional breakfast if you have an executive room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your nice and detailed feedback. The breakfast should not have been charged twice as it is included if you book a executive room. I do sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and I hope you accept is. Looking forward to welcome you back.
NB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton prior to boarding a Scenic River cruise. We had taken the Thalys from Brussels to Amsterdam so the location to the station is excellent. The hotel rooms were very small and basic. Considering the hotel that we stayed in Brussels was 50 euro cheaper and outstanding this one was ordinary. If you are staying to go on a river cruise I would go somewhere else.We had 2 bourbon and cokes in the bar 16 euro for the bourbon and 8 euro for the coke.??? They only got us once. We made a point of not eating or drinking in the hotel after that. I expect to pay a reasonable amount but that was just a rip off. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the tail end of a river cruise which was affected by flooding and which we abandoned to do our own thing. We were upgraded to a corner suite (Island Suite). This was our first trip to Amsterdam and the location so close to the Centraal station was why we chose this hotel. Also very close to the main walking streets in the city.

The room size was great, all the gadgets you need, iMacs and moveable sun screens and non stop people, cycle, train and canal boat watching outside. Our room seemed to hang over the rail tracks and we were a bit worried about the noise, but we didn't notice any until after about 6 am in the morning.

Service in the room and restaurant was also excellent and even after we had left, and had noticed a double up of a laundry charge, this was reversed promptly and efficiently.

Friendly staff everywhere.

Highlight of our "cruise".

Room Tip: Choose a room that overlooks the canal activity.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Very grateful for your nice words. Very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the service we provide. We would love to welcome you back next time.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed for just the one night here, however even though it was a short stay I was very pleased that I chose the DoubleTree. The check in was quick, polite and efficient. The cookie given at reception was delicious. I received and upgrade to a suite which had an interesting layout, almost triangular in design. It was very moder, huge floor to ceiling wondows and, what I find great in hotels, you could open small shutter/windows and have fresh air in your room. This is great as aircon really dries me out.

The bed was fantastic and the pillow choices great. I wanted a late checkout as my flight from Amsterdam was not until late afternoon. This could not have been easier to arrange, a 30 second phone call to reception and a complementary late checkout was received. If only all hotels could manage this. Checkout itself was again smooth and very quick. The staff here are very nice and helpfull.

If I am back in Amsterdam I will be here.

Room Tip: Get a higher room. The views are great and you are further from potential train noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review and motivating comments. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay and received the service you expected. Looking forward to welcome you back if you are back in Amsterdam.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked here because the Victoria was full. I guess that tells you I wasn't looking for hip.Reception was crowded and undermanned checking both in and out. The corridors resembled a college dorm, and the rooms were little better.

There is rail noise through the night, but I would be exaggerating to say we lost sleep as a result.

An economy hotel at a top end price.

The Doubletree brand has been repositioned for this traveller.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. I fully regret that the hotel did not exceed your expactations and I hope you will execept my apologies. Despite your recent experiences I do hope you will return and we would hope to welcome you in the future.