“Great Location, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #50 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
Donegal
“Great Location, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed the 1st and 2nd of Feb. Hotel is situated 3mins from centraal station close enough to walk to shopping district or red light light district in less than 10 mins. Rooms are simple but elegant, and come with iMac Computer. Toilet/Shower is best out of all hotels stayed in. Cookie on arrival was delicious. Perhaps guests should be told where tea/coffee making facilities are as we only found out on the last day.

We stayed to ourselves but ventured to the top of the building to the sky lounge, which is expensive but definitely worth a drink for views! Receptionists are very professional and helpful.
Left baggage at complementary baggage storage area, as had a late flight.

All in all a great hotel in a great location, can't recommend enough!

(Tip: Sea Palace Chinese restaurant is two mins from hotel and worth every cent if you fancy a great meal overlooking Canal)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Eternally gratefull for your kind review and positive words, especially about our receptionists. We will definitely look into possiblities to make the coffee/tea making facilities more visite, that's a very good point, thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tel-Aviv, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First, this is more of a 4.5 points review for this 4* hotel.

One of the newest in Amsterdam, it looks the part in a very hi-tech-i kind of way.
I love such decor and it really works for me. The room is small but not the "closet" you get
in some other city hotels. Nice clean bathroom with great shower, great toiletries and a Mac TV-Computer that was very useful (We Skyped home to the kids, then switched to VH-1 :-)

The reception was great and we got the room early. No warm cookies on arrival so we got coupons for them and took them later :-))) Amazing cookies, we even considered to buy some home!! They even offered a later check-out, which we took partial advantage off.

The location is very Convenient - 5 min walk from central station (just 2.6e from the airport via train), Starbucks in the building (See tips) and very close to 2 amazing museums (See other reviews) - Nemo science and the Maritime museum. Both are a must from now on.

We didn't use the breakfast as it seemed a little pricey (About 25e, around standard for local hotels).

The room was a little chilly, even facing an internal yard. We fidgeted with the controls and weren't able to get it much warmer. we weren't freezing, but my wife likes it warmer and it was chilly for her. It was a little uncomfortable and just for a night so we did not pursue this.

All in all - We highly recommend this hotel, though bear in mind that there's a fierce wind in winter times due to proximity to the water. Note that you can cross to the hotel directly from the starbucks and not go outside the building all the way to the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Hihgly appreciate your extensive review. Understand the heating issue took of some of your points, which I regret, we will definitely invenstigate as our rooms should be able to have proper individual contracts for both heating and cooling. Please accept my apologies for that.
With regards to the cookie, do not hesitate to send me your adress, I'll be happy to send you a tin of our Chocolate Chip Cookies back.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at Doubletree by Hilton Amsterdam for two nights and even though I was in the infamous track-facing room, I had a good time. There is some noise from the trains, but they did not bother me. After all, if you're staying at a center of a city it's hard to expect peace and quiet of a Swiss village, right? :) The check-in was great, and even though it was to be after 3pm, they allowed me to my room as early as 10am. Complementary cookie was a very nice touch :) The room was very clean, comfortable, with a really comfy bed. iMacs and good quality toiletries are a really nice touch.
I would definitely come again and recommend the hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind words and for recommending us to other travellers, that's the best compliment we can get.
Hope to welcome you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a great stay in this lovely hotel. Location is perfect, especially if arriving by train, as this is an easy walk from the station. Also very close to everything else, including buses and amazing views of the city, especially from the Sky Deck Lounge. Rooms maybe a little small, but are manageable. Rooms and bathrooms are modern and very clean. Breakfast is also great and the little treats of receiving a warm chocolate cookie on arrival was a nice touch. We also had the room with a balcony and received free snacks & drinks each day, which was fantastic. The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you. I will definitely stay here again and have told friends to do the same.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Very gratefull for sharing your positive experiences and even more for recommending us to your friends. Thanks a lot for that!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really had a poor experience at this hotel and would not stay here again. For the price and star rating, I would not expect this type of experience. While the hotel is pretty and the rooms decent, it was the other little quirky issues that kept adding up that ruined it for me.

- my room was on the 10th floor and the lounge/bar is right above it. Until about 1am every night, all I could hear is techno music and the sound of chairs moving across the floor.

- the housekeeping service didn't clean my room for two days in a row, except to make my bed. They left standing water in the sink, towels on the floor and garbage in the room. Again, even at 2-stars they take dirty towels from the room?

- I was told the breakfast was included with my room so ate at the restaurant 3 times and then received a bill for about 75 EURO when I checked out. Not only did they charge me, but they charged me for two breakfasts one morning. It took a long time to get this sorted out and I had to talk to multiple people. My colleagues on the other hand who were booked under the same reservation received their breakfasts for free.

- This is minor, but they ran out of shampoo for the entire hotel for a week. Again, even at 2-stars they manage to have shampoo in the rooms.

- The apple monitor tvs seem like a good idea, but the monitors are on the other side of the room and small so it is difficult to watch tv

- I think this more of a design flaw issue, but it was very windy when I stayed there and the noise from panels or something on the exterior of the building were very loud and kept waking me up. My colleagues complained of the same issues and were woken up by it several times as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I'm absolutely shocked and disappointed reading your review, as you can read from other comments it does not match the level of service and product we stand for. Please, please, contact me directly as I really would like to be in touch personally and discuss a solution for your comments. I do sincerely apologize.
Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I came here Saturday for one night. The room was immaculate, the free to use iMac was great, we only used it to watch TV before we slept but its still nice to have there. The only minor downside was our room didnt have the view of the river, but it didnt really matter. Bathroom and toiletries are top notch, Starbucks onsite, a 2min walk from the station and (my wifes favourite part) a warm cookie on arrival. The staff were friendly and helpful too, we arrived there at half 10 and didnt think we could check in til 3, but the staff checked us in early which was nice. One night in 'Dam is not enough so me and the missus will be coming back in August on anniversary!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Extremeley happy with your kind review and of course for the fact that we may welcome you back in August. Make sure to book in time, as we have pretty good early bird deals.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the queen suite with a balcony at first we were a bit disappointed as the room seemed small for the price but then we stepped onto the balcony and all was forgiven! the view of amsterdam was amazing!. The room was clean with complimentry mini bar had everything we could need and more we had a double shower and lot more than the standard shampoo/bodywash of normal hotels. we had warm cookies on arrival and breakfast was amazing there was everything you could think of and more! would highly reccommend this hotel and would love to stay there again if we get the chance.

Room Tip: a room with a balcony really makes a difference!