“Amsterdam's newest hotel and perhaps second best after IC Amstel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Save 10% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #48 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
New York
“Amsterdam's newest hotel and perhaps second best after IC Amstel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

For the record: I never think very highly of Dutch service sector. My experience is that Dutch hotel staff usually has no problem to say 'no' or demand senseless fees for a child roll away or demand outrageous WiFi fees. So further introduction of Hilton values is a welcoming development. Suite room is very nice and cool. Instead of regular TVs, there were two iMacs in the room where you can either use an iMac or watch TV. location is very good. Minutes walk to all the trams and subway and Centraal Station. We used points and despite our gold Hilton Honors status were given no upgrade and our room had no view but to an inner atrium. However, there were complimentary drinks in the fridge. Some rooms will have great views of the city. There were some cleverly designed public use balconies where you can enjoy watching the city. Espresso machine in the room. although I am happy to report that it's been a good Starbucks year in Amsterdam. Both LeidsePlein and Rembrandtplein now have Starbucks.

Warning only for the near future: Due to some construction Ooesterdoksstraat is closed in the middle and if you come by car and want to self park, you either need to know the place or have some kind of GPS or Google Maps etc....because the entrance of the parking is far on the other end of Ooesterdoksstraat, again due to construction. It's a huge underground for all the nearby facilities. Follow the sign for the hotel and you can park right under the hotel. There is direct lift to the lobby. Late night, you will need your key to open the door to the hotel lobby lift. Parking is expensive. €30 or more depending on the day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us on Tripadvisor after your recent stay at the DoubleTree by hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

It's with pleasure to read that we have been able to exceed your expectations with regards to our values and team members. Furthermore I am happy that you enjoyed the room you were allocated in with all facilities it has to offer such as the iMac and free wireless internet and that the location was such a convenience for you.

I Highly regret the fact that we were not able to provide you with an upgrade upon arrival. I would like to inform you that all rooms are subjected to availability but we will do our utmost best to provide you with an upgrade next time you visit.

I am sorry you experienced some inconveniences while parking your car. There is indeed still some construction work going on around the hotel but hopefully this will be finished soon afterwhich the entrance of the parking garage will be easily accessible and only 1 minute away from teh hotel. We also offer Valet parking if you prefer.

On behalf of the entire team thank you very much for your stay. i truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Caroline Receveur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Perfect location next to Centraal railway station. Walk in 3 minutes.
Excellent friendly staff. Efficient check in & out. English is widely spoken.
Bedroom was clean & tidy. Wide choice of foods for breakfast from cereals, yogurts, cooked English/Dutch to cold meats & fish. Thankful it was included in our package.
Booked a short break with Easyjet.
Amsterdam is a fascinating city. Do hire a bike; the seperate cycle lanes make cycling safe. Have a canal cruise to appreciate the architecture. Visit the Van Gogh & Rijks museum.
And travel by train. We managed a visit to Haarlem & the seaside [Zandvoort aan Zee]. The Dutch people are very friendly and are always willing to help wandering travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for sharing your great review with us on Tripadvisor, I higly appreciate it.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much with the locations being such a convenience and a wide choice of breakfast in the morning. Ihave shared your kind words with the entire team.

It is good to see that you were able to make some day trips outside of Amsterdam and also to rent a bike and explore Amsterdam the Dutch way.
On behalf of the entire team thank you very much and we are looking forward welcoming you back again at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station in the near future.

Genral manager
Macmerry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

My wife an I spent 2 nights at the DoubleTree, as always the warm cookie is a great touch when you frst check in. We checked in early about 10am and our room was ready which was great.
The reception staff were extremely helpfull and even recommended some restaurants to eat.
The room itself was huge with great views over Amsterdam.
The works to the front of the Hotel did disturb us the first morning, however they will be finished soon.
The location is the winner, only 5 mins walk from the Train Station and about 10mins to the heart of Amsterdam city.

Room Tip: As with all tips here, ask for a room overlooking the city. Also drink in the lobby bar, it is a few...
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to hear that our location was beneficial for you, with the train station right next to the hotel and walking distance from the heart of Amsterdam. We are pleased to read that you have experienced our Team Members to be extremely helpfull and that they were able to assist you with any information. I have naturally passed on your kind words.

On behald of the entire team thank you very much for your stay and for your recommendations. i truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, and hopefully all construction work next to the hotel will be finished!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were given a room facing the city and had a lovely view. Free internet in the room is a first for me. We were treated very well. the location is convenient as to the closeness to all trans. It is far enough away from some of the noisier sections and we appreciated thsat as well. I highly recommend it.

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on Tripadvisor. I highly appreciate it.

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read that our location was such a convenience for you, with the train station right next to the hotel. Furthermore I am glad you enjoyed the room you were allocated in with great views of the city of Amsterdam.

Thank you for your recommendations and we are truly looking forward welcoming you back again at the DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

General manager
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights here and really enjoyed it. The front desk staff were very helpful and tolerant of two Americans traveling in Europe. They spoke wonderful English!

Parking was very expensive - about 75 euro a night - so we found a service that picks up your car at the hotel and parks it somewhere for you for only 50 euro for two nights. You call or email them and they bring your car back to you in about 15 minutes. Very convenient! Ask at the front desk and they can hook you up.

Our room was on the 7th floor and faced to interior courtyard and was quiet as a crypt. We loved it! We had read that the exterior room has nice views but were loud.

There is an iMac in the room that is free to use. It provides your TV and Internet access, including a mouse and keyboard so you can surf and check email. You can print from the iMac and pick up your papers at Guest Services - no charge at all! Great for printing maps for the next leg of your journey.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel. It is very fast and does not require a password like most hotels.

The hotel is located just a few steps from the Central Station where you can can catch the trams that run all over town. You are just a few blocks from some great restaurants and bars!

We loved it here and will probably stay in this hotel on our return trip.

Room Tip: Courtyard views are quiter and less expensive than city or harbour views.
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station and for taking the time to write such a positive review on Tripadvisor. I highly appreciate it!

I was very happy to read that the location was such a convenience for you being able to get around the city of Amsterdam. Furthermore I am glad you enjoyed the quiet room you were allocated in with all facilities for your convenience and comfort such as the iMac with free wireless internet.

Thank you again for your kind words and your recommendations. We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again for your next return trip to Amsterdam.

Yours sincerely,

Skipton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very near to Central station.(5 minute walk) Try to book a harbour view room, nicer view and less train noise but to honest after a few hours we didnt notice the trains . Room smallish but functional and very clean and cosy.Comfortable bed with nice linen. Not enough tea and milk replenished although hotel very willing to bring up if you ring down but we bought a small supply which was easier.
Shower excellent and towels changed daily, bed linen alternate days.Breakfast excellent lots of choice and food in hotel also very good.(We ate in 1 night).Drinks in Sky lounge expensive but free nuts and nibbles.Staff very friendly polite and helpful.Would recomend hotel for comfort and location.

Room Tip: Front facing room with a view.
Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read that our location was beneficial for you, with the train station right next to the hotel. Furthermore I am glad you enjoyed the room you were allocated in with all facilities for your convenience and comfort.

It is great that you were able to bring a visit to the SkyLounge on the 11th floor during your stay and that you liked the breakfast and the food in our City Cafe Restaurant.
I have naturally shared your kind words with the entire team!

Thank you very much for your stay and your recommendations. We are truly looking forward welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel is amazing! I understand hilton corp took over this from Mint Hotel group so there are many leftovers from the existing brand - which I love. Hilton could learn a thing or two. This is now my preferred hotel in Amsterdam after many a stay at many less than average properties - Hilton Amsterdam (middle of nowhere for me!), Radisson (nice if you get a business class room but otherwise rooms are mehhh), Renaissance (superb, just not a hilton family property sadly), Marriott (good depending on location for you). And then there's the Doubletree - wow. Was given a suite which was just amazing - apple TV and PC in the bedroom and lounge room, very contemporary design which I loved, the room service food was amongst the best i've ever had - wow, the toiletries were White Company which were great and the bathroom was amazing. The skybar superb, the breakfasts - amazing including the seperate package waffles, mmm, the wifi super fast and nice. The staff - also friendly. There are only a couple criticisms
a) You can't pay for parking on your bill - it's a seperate facilty unfortunately
b) the skybar staff were funny about billing things to your room - to the point where I had to stop my business meeting, go down to the lobby, put my card with reception and then have reception call them. I mean what hotel F&B facility does this sort of thing, i mean seriously.

But this won't fault my 5/5, finally a Hotel in Amsterdam I love - can't wait to come back in the summer!

Room Tip: Every room is good!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Caroline_Receveur, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station.

It is great to hear that from now on we are your preferred hotel in Amsterdam when visiting, we highly appreciate it!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Suite you were allocated in with all facilities for your convenience and comfort such as the iMac with free WiFi.

I also would like to thank you for your valuable points of feedback. The reason why we cannot put the parking charges on the bill is because the Oosterdoks parking garage is a public garage not owned by the hotel. Furthermore, I am very sorry about the procedure of billing the F&B costs to your room. This is normally not the procedure we follow and I will make sure to point this out to the team. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much again for your stay and your 5/5 rating. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the summer!