“Stylish, cool and good value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #46 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Stylish, cool and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We booked this hotel at short notice and gt a great deal. It is very convenient for Central station being but. Short stroll away. Other reviewers have mentioned noise from trains but we heard nothing.
The room was a reasonable size, stylish, clean and well equipped for a short stay. I particularly liked free wifi and the iMac in every room is quite cool. I used the mac to checking on lie for flights, the hotel delivered the print outs to our room, no charge for printing, excellent service.
It is a short(ish) stroll into the centre of town but you should visit the sky lounge bar first for a fabulous view of Amsterdam.
In summary a good hotel with lots to recommend it.

Room Tip: Probably best to get a room on the side away from the railway. Although we heard nothing some people...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
MintAmsterdam, Executive Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind words with us on Tripadvisor, we highly appreciate it.

It was my pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and everything the hotel has to offer such as the iMac system with the free WiFi and the room you were in.

I am happy you were able enjoye the beautifull views and the lovely drink at our SkyLounge at the 11th floor!

On behalf of the entire Mint Team, thank you very much again and thank you for your reccommedations. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

3,030 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Groningen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The hotel is exceptionally large with more than 500 rooms and is right next to the central railway station. A really efficient way to get from the airport. 30 min door to door! The hotel is also only 200m from the historic city centre with it's china town and red light area.
Great restaurant on the ground floor and many different ones within walking distance. Staff is friendly and accommodating, the front office can get a bit busy but work it out if 200 rooms want to check out at 11.45.....
Overal great location pleased I didn't use the car though the municipal parking garage under the hotel costs 45.00. That probably is normal for public parking in the heart of a European capital city.
The rooms are not very large but pleasant and certainly sufficient for a comfortable stay. The personal Mac in the room is certainly worthwhile.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us regarding your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam. We very much appreciate your feedback!

I am very happy to read about your trust in us and that you have enjoyed yuor stay so much and everything the hotel has to offer. it is great to see that you qualify our guests as friendly and accomodating. Naturally I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

On behalf of the entire Mint team, thank you for your stay and we truly hope we have the pelasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!

Kind regards,

berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

If you choose to stay at the Mint Amsterdam, you will not go wrong. Located a few minutes walk from central station it is very convienient to get all around amsterdam. Hotel itself was fantastic, one of rooms was facing the city which gave us great views. Free use of the imac and unlimited internet use also for free was very handy. Although there is a gym located in the basement there is no swimming pool or spa facilities.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the city.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This modern hotel is located in the city centre. The hotel is modern and "minimalistic", a good bed, nice view, but the best feature about this hotel is it's employes: They realy made my stay. The service was great, we could borrow umbrellas, ask for advice, rent bicycles in the reception, order roomservice 24/7. They truly know how to treat their customers.

I'm going back to Amsterdam, and I know I'll stay at Mint Hotel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I was very honoured to read your great review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

It was with great pleasure to read that you we able to enjoy all conveniences which both the hotel and the city of Amsterdam have to offer.

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your kind words with us. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Ameterdam in the near future!

Windsor, UK.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stayed weekend 5th November with my wife and another couple. In summary:

Positives
Good location next to the Central Station; new hotel; free Wifi and great view from the Sky Lounge.

Negatives
Bedroom very basic and bland ; had room on 7th floor overlooking train lines; unbelieveably noisy and felt like trains were actually in the bedroom; breakfast food quality very poor and if payinf 26 Euros would be very disappointed; check in girl not very friendly; overall very overpriced for standard of hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room which DOES not face the train lines.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam. We highly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve where possible.

I am very happy to read about your positive points however I am concerned reading the negative ones. Isolation and sound proofing is a very important feature for us and therefore we are currently ensuring that any faults in our building facade and sound proofing are being solved rapidly.

I am very sorry to hear that the breakfast was so dissapointing. We try to do our utmost best to provide our geusts with a full english breakfast of choice and offer a great assortiment of products. I am very sorry to hear this was not to your liking.

With regards to our front office staff please accept my sincere apologies if our front office staff was not friendly to you during your stay. Our staff is very service minded and i regret the fact you were not able to experience this. I have passed on your feedback to our front office manager so we can prevent this from happening again in the future.

Dear Sir/Madam, one more time please accept our sincere apologies. I do hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to show that your recent experiences have been based upon single incidents, not representative for the level of service and quality delivered by Mint Hotel Amsterdam. And I would be more then happy to offer you a room on the other side of the hotel.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

It's true the location is superb as it's next to Centraal Station, comeout ofth ebuilding and turn left and it's literally 3 minutes walk.Great when you have large or heavy luggage with you and also good because it's very easy to get your bearings. It's a modern, glass and steel building with a very youthful and funky feel. All the staff are dressed in black and green uniforms and the pervading colours are white, grey and green. Check in was easy and surprisingly quick given other reviews. One problem I had was that there was only one set of lifts and my room was a fair walk away from them. The room was modern, functional and a bit minimalistic but the use of an iMac as entertainment centre was original and saved me from using my laptop for things like train timetables, flight information & other tourist info. Good shower (no bath) and as with all hotels in the Netherlands is non-smoking. Those who wish to have a cigarette cannot simply open a window as it's very small. Bed was very comfortable and the curtains are heavy which means that you won't be woken by the sun if they are drawn...

On the minus side the mini bar is expensive (why not go to a convenience store for things like water, booze and snacks?) and so is the hotel, the top floor bar with great city views was booked out for a private party when I stayed and my room being above the train tracks was not as quiet as I would have liked. That being said, the location is fantastic, the staff very helpful - especially for things like restaurants, transport, cafes (they recommended Tisfris which had very good coffee and sanwhiches/brootjes) and shopping (Wijs en zonen was a great recommendation for a coffee emporium), extended check out was easy too. Would gladly stay there again but with a city view...

Room Tip: Try for a room with a city view rather than above the train tracks...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us regarding your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam. We highly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our services and quality where possible.

I was very happy to read that the location was so convenient for you. It is great to see that the iMac system came in handy and that you have enjoyed your room and the shower in the bathroom (all standard rooms have no bath but a great power shower, most suites consist of a bathtub).
Secondly, i am very pleased to read that our staff was very helpfull and were able to help you find you way around the city. I have passed on your kind words with the team.

Besides your positive points i regret the fact that you thought the mini bar was too expensive and that the room was not as quit as you would have expected. Isolation and sound proofing is a very important feature for us and therefore we are currently ensuring that any faults in our building facade and sound proofing are being solved rapidly.

Dear Sir, one more time, thank you very much for your feedback and i am happy to see that you would be glad to stay with us again. If you intend to do so please do not hesitate to contact me so I can perhaps arrange a city side room for you. We tuly hope to welcome you back at Mint Hotel Amsterdam!

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I just stayed there for one night with a friend so I have not had the opportunity to try out all the facilities of the hotel.

This being said, the hotel is brand new and the rooms feel very fresh. They are very modern (an iMac in a hotel room is something I had never seen), you have free internet as well in the room and the loby. The room was not very big, but since the hotel is very well located (just a stone's throw away from the city center and most tourist activities), I trust you did not plan to spend your entire stay there. It's also very close to the central train station which connects to the airport.

The only negative point I could think of is the lobby. It's quite spacious but it is always crowded with groups and customers checking in or out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your great review on Tripadvisor and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share you experiences with us regarding your recent stay at Mint Hotel Amsterdam.

I am very happy to see that you have been able to enjoy the hotel and everything it has to offer such as the iMac system and the free Internet. Also good to hear that the location was so convenient for you during your visit.

I am sorry you felt that the lobby was too crowded most of the times. We are trying our best, with 553 guest rooms, to assist our guests as fast as possible. Thank you for your feedback we will see what we can do about it.

On behalf of the Mint Team, thank you very much for staying with us. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future!