“Beautiful and amazing....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oosterdoksstraat 4 | 1011 DK, 1011 DK Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 10%
Ranked #51 of 353 Hotels in Amsterdam
NYC
“Beautiful and amazing....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. What a treat! When I arrived earlier than the posted check in time, I was warmly greeted, and luckily, given a room at seven in the morning, when clearly the time for check in is at 3. The space itself is quite mammoth, and frankly, in the best spot. It took me no time to travel from the airport to Central Station. And, just less than a five mile walk, you are there, at the hotel.

I loved the location and felt quite safe. The modern decor is sleek and minimal. And for European standards, the rooms are sparse, especially the bathrooms. My first night was good. But, the view was less than desirable. So, I asked to be transferred to another room. When I returned after sightseeing the following afternoon, my luggage was already moved to the ninth floor with sweeping views of the city in a new, larger room.

Each night whether I had a question about on restaurants, museums, are day trips, the front desk and guest services staff were extremely helpful and professional, allowing me to feel comfortable. I really felt happy that I was in a hotel where everyone smiled and cared and went out of their way to assist me.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in Amsterdam. Aside from the fact that this particular space is only four months into operation, it functions well and is separate enough from the touristy part of town which can get wearing after a while. When I visit Amsterdam again, this is the only place I will stay. I hope to be lucky enough to encounter the same staff that aided me in my travels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
MintAmsterdam, Sales & Marketing at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us on tripadvisor

I am very happy to read that you loved your stay so much and it was such a treat for you! I am glad you have been able to enjoy everything thehotel has to offer in terms of location, comfort and most important our service minded staff. I have naturally passed on your kind words to the entire team and they were very happy they have been able to contribute to your pleasant stay.

On behalf of the Mint Team thank you very much again for your kind words and for recommending us. We truly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at Mint Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Kind regards,
Daphne Diender
Sales & Marketing
Mint Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,097)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 5 day visit to Amsterdam. The location is very good, being right next to Central Station, but can be a little far from some of the tourist spots such as the Museums, Leidseplein and Jordaan. The hotel itself is very well presented, and staff very polite. However, on one day we left the room at around 10am and returned at 4.30pm to find that the room had not yet been cleaned (even though we had left the 'clean me' tag on the outside of the door). We had to ask at reception 3 times for the room to be cleaned, and over and hour and a half later it eventually was. The towels that we were promised immediately upon complaining turned up over 2 hours later. At no point were we offered anything to appease us, staff simply apologised and were ineffectual, although polite. This was disappointing, as apart from this, the stay was extremely pleasant.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

3 day trip to Amsterdam the mint hotel is lovely and very central pleasant stay

• Stayed August 2011
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Had great stay for 5 nights with 10month old son. Really enjoyed stay in this new and modern hotel. Loved the iMac and it was a new experience for us. Hotel staff was really friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast was ok but only cold items. If you want anything hot and warm ( eggs, sausages etc) you have to order separate and I found them bit expensive and not worth (just a scramble eggs will cost you 8.50€). Otherwise cafe staff gave great service and took care very well.
Even the hotel is located just next to the main train station, inside the hotel it is quite and no disturbances.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed at the Mint Hotel in Amsterdam for 3 nights in August 2011. The hotel is very close to the main station which is great, easy walking distance to all of the main areas of Amsterdam but the down side is the railway at the back of the hotel. We requested when booking a room at the front of the hotel as advised by other reviewers but were told this would not be guaranteed unless we paid extra which I didn't think acceptable so we risked it and unfortunately we ended up with a room on the back which meant the noise of the railway!
Apart from the railway noise which could keep a light sleeper awake or disturb their sleep, luckily I always pack ear plugs when staying in hotels, everything about the hotel was very nice and I would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to travel to Amsterdam. Only flaw was the housekeeping of the bedrooms. We left our room at 11am on the first day and got back at 5pm to find out room still hadn't been cleaned and towels not been replaced etc. The cleaner knocked on our door at half past 5 to clean the room which we turned away because we were relaxing before going out for the evening and only got her to replace the towels. The next day we got back at 6pm and the room had been cleaned and beds made etc but small things like replacing the used dirty glasses with new clean glasses and leaving extra toilet roll hadn't been done.
We ordered room service on the first night which was excellent food but portion on the small side, breakfast was excellent, best I've ever had continental style and we had lunch on the day we left in the Lobby Bar which was very good but again on the small side.
All in all I would recommend but not so much if you are a light sleeper! Bed comfy, just a little too soft for me though.

Room Tip: Front of hotel so you can't hear the trains
Zakynthos, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed there as a couple in August. The room and the hotel in total was very clean, the i Mac computer which worked as TV, as well, was perfect (free wi-fi made the computer very fuctional!!) The personnel was very helpful! Check-in and out was very quick. The "The White Company" products were exceptional with a vey unique scent! The bed mattress was exquisite! On a walking distance to the train station which is 15 minutes away from the airport. The tram stop is very close, as well, for the centre (if you do not wish to walk) - no 16 or 24 heading to Dam square and beyond...Do take a canal cruise, it's perfect (better at night!) And do take the hop on-hop off buses for a city tour (18 euros/person valid for 24 hours). You won't miss a thing! When at the ticket shop or actually on the bus, you are able (and lucky!) to buy tickets for attractions in reduced price and you will not have to wait in lines! It was just perfect!!

Eastbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have just returned from 3 nights at this fantastic hotel and cannot praise it more highly. The staff were absolutely delightful...so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was varied and excellent but rather expensive so would suggest a bed and breakfast package. Location perfect being about 2 minutes from the station and canal trips; and 5 minutes to the centre of Amsterdam. The free use of an Apple imac computer / television in your room was an added bonus. The bedrooms are a good size and en-suite spotless; Mist free mirrors and fab power shower. We asked for a city view having noted previous comments about the noise of the station, and were not disappointed..but if you are not bothered about the trains the view over the river is also stunning.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

Room Tip: Would suggest city view on high floor. We were on level 9 which was perfect