“Love the location!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Westminster, Maryland
“Love the location!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently traveled to Amsterdam to stay a night before taking a group of 26 on a Avalon River Cruise. The NH Amsterdam City Centre is a great location, friendly staff that was willing to go out of their way to help us with dining reservations, directions, and tracking down our motor coach when it did not show up at the scheduled time to pick up our group
I would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. THANK YOU for such great hospitality!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out over the canal.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
RickvanSchijndel, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

We sure had a great time hosting you and your group in NH City Centre.

I hope the cruise was nice and you enjoyed your time on the river Rhine!

thank you very much for staying with us an I do hope seeing you again in the future.

1,323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was very clean , the staff were very friendly and helpful . The bar was well stocked fairly cheap :) ...just a few minutes walk from the square which was a blessing because of the Irish bar across the road that we found the best food and drinks alround and so cheap. The barman in the hotel was a great help full of great useful information and extremely friendly .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RickvanSchijndel, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Margaret,

thank you very much for your kind reaction on your stay in NH City Centre.

I will make sure to pass on your complimets to Dion the barman. I am happy that he provided you with a good service.

Kind regards,

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel's location is good. However Amsterdam city center is not that big, everyone hotel in the city center can be called good location.

The room had no air condition which didn't bother me because the weather was not hot. However the bathroom had some smell which bothered me a little. I think it might be due to no air flow in the bathroom. The toilet water run very long time before the tank got filled. At first I thought the toilet tank was broken because the water kept running for long time until it eventually stopped.

The breakfast had sufficient amount food that I like it.

I stayed in several NH hotels in Amsterdam before. Overall I would prefer other NH hotels than this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jon W,

thank you very much for your comment.

I am sorry that the moise of the toilet bothered your. Would you be able to send me your roomnumber so we can check the toilet?

My e-mail adres is: r.schijndel@nh-hotels.com.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

On the positive, the hotel is very conveniently located. The notorious "red lights" are within 10 min walk, but more important still it's just as close to restaurants, the 9 shopping streets and department stores and a tram stop - should you need to go some place too far too walk.
On the negative is rooms are hit and miss. We were travelling as a large group of colleagues and getting 6 rooms in the same category and some got nice rooms - reasonable size and plenty of light, others a shoebox of a room with a tiny window under the ceiling. My wife and I originally ended up in the latter category so I had to go down to reception and talk to them. They were very accommodating though and gave us a much nicer room with a view of the channel - thank you very much. But I guess you don't get to luck out like that every time...
Breakfast is good, if a bit repetitive, and there's a queue to get coffee - they should really think about putting in another machine there. Coffee's good though :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the channel
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

As others have stated this was a hugely disappointing room. Really, disappointing 452 was wedge shaped. Nothing like the pictures, tiny window and vastly overpriced. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like on a hot day. Other rooms looked nice maybe they just pick on jet lagged North Americans for the crap rooms? Location is good if you are on vacation do not consider if on business - too loud. Whether for business or pleasure do not select the cheaper rooms unless you get a sub 79 Euro (June 2014) rate.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RickvanSchijndel, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time and effort taken to react on your stay in NH City Centre.

I would like to appologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay in our hotel and that you were not happy with the room we assigned for your. I would like to point out that we do not assign certain rooms to certain guest. Everybody is treated the same way, no matter origin, gender or lenght of stay.

I hope to meet you again in Amsterdam!

Hotel Director
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I Was there for 9 nights June 2 to 11.....the room is beyond small...and so stuffy, hot and musty smelling that I had to wash my clothes twice when I returned home.
Housekeeping left a lot to be desired.....barely cleaned bathroom every day...I ended up cleaning the counters and sink myself......... our view was of the garbage they had piles up on the partial roof.....sucked!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
copdam, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Lynn H,

I am very greatfull that you took the time to react on your stay at NH City Centre Amsterdam.

I regret that we could not fulfill your expectations and that you left unsatisfied, since guest experience is of our major interest.

As a follow up on your comments I have discussed this matter with our Housekeeping departement in order to prevent these incidents in the future.

Feel free to contact me in person if I can assist you in any kind.

regards,
Crieff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed for one night on a hot and humid day in Amsterdam.

Room was very small on the corner of the second floor overlooking Spuistraat. There was no air conditioning and only the top third of the single window opened. However, the noise from the street below throughout the night made it impossible to sleep.

Shower was up a step in the bathroom, which was difficult to manoeuvre without slipping.

Room looked tired and scruffy as did the hotel in general.

Only thing going for the hotel was its central location, otherwise avoid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the canal, but you will be charged extra.
Dear cuillin2010,

thank you for your review of our hotel following your stay in NH City Centre in Amsterdam.

Obviously I am not happy to read your expereince as it was not a positive one. However, I am happy to be able to tell you that we are renovating approximately 50 rooms in our hotel. After the renovation I am sure the rooms will have a whole new and fresh look and feel again.

I hope meeting you again in Amsterdam!

Kind regards,

Hotel Director

Been to NH City Centre Amsterdam? Share your experiences!