“Wonderful stay at the hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Spuistraat 288-292, Amsterdam 1012 VX, The Netherlands   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #140 of 340 hotels in Amsterdam
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Wonderful stay at the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We loved the service of the hotel staff, the size of the room, hot water. We loved the daily room cleaning. The Pacific Hotel. Excellent location. We would be happy to stay in this hotel our next visit. And will definitely be back. Many thanks for a great weekend and we had a wonderful thank

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1,235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good service and good location. The street outside gives you a vary nice taste of Amsterdam and its not more than five minutes to the very center.
The rooms was in good standard even though the bathroom was not the newest. Recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've stayed at NH City Centre hotel on several occasions in the past. It has an exceptional location: within walking distance of central station, the major museums and sights, and Amsterdam's main shopping street, the Kalverstraat. However, it has clearly seen better days. Although I was given a nice, spacious room on a corner overlooking a canal, the walls could have done with a lick of paint and the general decor and furniture is desperately in need of updating. One of my pet hates in hotel rooms are artificial flowers and this one had a vase full of particularly repugnant examples. The bathroom also had an aged appearance with marks on the walls. In addition, the surface around the sink had not been cleared after the last occupant. I stayed two nights and I returned to the room on the second day at around 4.30 pm to discover that it had not been cleaned or tidied in my absence. Housekeeping knocked on the door some time later, but by that stage I was tired and did not want to leave the room, so I just accepted some new towels. My bad experience was accentuated on the final night when I was awoken at 2 am by a fire alarm. We had to evacuate until the city fire service arrived and checked out the building. Some time previously I had heard some guests running in the corridor and throwing food at each other and I wondered if they had triggered the alarm system. It may not have been the hotel's fault, but I do think that there is great need for improvement both in the appearance and running of this establishment. I will not be recommending it to friends. One final irritant. The hotel advertises that it has "free wifi". In reality the free service is low quality (slow, inability to download large images, or to stream movies on netflix, etc.). I found it so frustrating that eventually I had no option but to upgrade to a better service (at a cost of 9 Euro per 24-hour period). There is really no reason any more for hotels not to provide their customers with inclusive, high grade, and dependable wifi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This hotel was all we needed for our holiday- somewhere to sleep and it satisfied it's purpose well. Personally i don't feel the need to fork out for somewhere this nice, but my friend booked the holiday and chose this place. For the price you pay everything is excellent! The maids do an impeccable job and the receptionists are very helpful. The free wifi is a bonus as well!
We never had breakfast here, mainly due to the price, as you can get delicious food from may places close by.
I would recomend this hotel to some people, but it depends what they are wanting. If you are wanting a nice, well done out hotel then this is probably the place for you!

Room Tip: If you want a view request one- we had the view of another persons room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Banja Luka, Bosnia And Herzegovina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Because I was paid by organizers of film festival IDFA, I can't say much about price, but I can say that I had a nice room, very nice and comfy bed, and very very clean room. Location is the best! If the best festival in the world choose you as a partner hotel, then my review is only confirmation of how good it is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights (4 days) I say 4 days as we arrived at the hotel around 11am and the hotel was absolutely fine with letting us check in early however we did pay 45 euros to upgrade but was worth it as we have sofa, chairs and a big bed. On the last day they let us check out at 3pm and our flight was 9.40pm so we had enough to go around the town, eat and go back to the hotel freshen up before leaving.

From Schiphol airport it is very easy to get the to hotel. Get the train to Amsterdam Central and then the tram 1,2 or 5 (3 stops from the train station) and it drops you literally outside the hotel. To be honest I got the travel information from the hotel website and the train and tram instructors were very helpful (there's always someone to help).

The hotel was very clean, a bit dated but when you get out and about you see how close you actually are to everything and it's well worth it. We spent half our time in the hotel and half out so I think I did pretty well with getting a budget hotel in a great location.

There are loads of food places to eat from so don't get sucked into getting breakfast, go out and explore. There is also a huge supermarket around the corner so if you ever need anything it's around the corner. Redlight, Dam Square and two major party towns are within 5 mins walking distance.

It's very safe and everyone is friendly.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room if you like chill out time - it's only 15 euros.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Plenty of places to eat, drink and shop and transport to get about really enjoyed it. Would definitely go back. The night life was really good and loads of shops with friendly staff. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Been to NH City Centre Amsterdam? Share your experiences!