22 of us decided to take a break and Amsterdam was selected - A good choice! We stayed at The NH city centre hotel and were very happy with it. 30 minute stroll from the railway station (Unless like us you stop off to check out bars) 200 plus rooms, clean and friendly with a 10 euro eat as much as you like breakfast to set you up for the day, Order the day before otherwise on the day it is 20 Euros.
Only a 10 minute walk to Dam Square and another 10 to Rembrandt Square both worth a visit, On route look out for "Wok to Walk" a small Thai noodle bar where for 4.9 Euros you get a great chicken stir fry that feeds two snackers very well. Walk another 20 minutes and you are in the red light light area (Expect to pay more for your drinks) move away from the main streets and there are some great little bars dotted around the backstreets slightly better priced, you can expect to pay around 2.5 Euros for a bottle/small beer and 4-7 euros for a large beer. If you are a lager drinker you will be impressed with both the beer and the serving system that gives you a sparkling cold glass to start with. Most bars close around 1.00am we found 1.00 pm - 1am was enough time to play! A laid back city of smart smiling people who seem to be less stressed than us Brits. There are not big fences around small holes for health and safety and the roads take some getting used to, but the authorities here assume you have a brain and enough common sense to look after yourselves. As opposed to the British "Think for the thick public approach" A great three days where 22 people did what they wanted where they wanted and all returned with the same "We enjoyed that comments" We will go again I expect after a couple of others on our bucket list.I booked in October with "Last minute.com" and got the Easyjet flights and The Nh Hotel for £145.00 a person.leaving 06.10am Monday and back 7.45pm Wednesday I would say that was a good deal.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Amsterdam City Centre Hotel Amsterdam
- Nh Amsterdam City Centre Hotel
- Nh Hotels Amsterdam
- Nh Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern, Comfortable Hotel housed in five Art Deco-style buildings dating from 1920. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Venere, HotelsNL, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your NH City Centre Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.