“The best fries ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx

Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx
Voetboogstraat 31-33, 1012 XK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
+31 6 54787000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 3,031 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Cash Only, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Vleminckx the Sausmeester (sauce master) is located in Amsterdam since 1957. Vleminckx sells Belgium fries and is specialized in 25 types of sauces. For over 55 years the Sauce master stands for quality, sells home-made fries and that nowadays is unique. Many locals and tourist visit this spot in the city centre of Amsterdam. We are known for the many different sauces which can be chosen at the paper cornet Belgium fries.
Naples, Italy
“The best fries ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

In February me and my brother went to Amsterdam.

When we still were in Italy my brother found this place on the net and said that we should have go there to eat those best fries.
Ok let's go!

We had some problems in finding it! But after a long day we found it... we queued and it was worth it!
Very nice fries, served in a piece of paper and you had to eat them with your bare hands. Toppings on your choice, I really don't like any sauce on fries, but my brother does, so he had fries with I think ketchup topping and he liked it very much.

Recommended if you want to have real potatos :D and if you're hungry or may be you're starving as I was, this is the proper place for you!

Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank CarmenXOXO

Phoenix, Arizona
“The best fries in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I heard about Vleminckx Fries before I left for Amsterdam and knew it was somewhere I just had to try.

The fries are out of this world! Awesome! I went back three times while I was there. Having fries with mayonnaise is a Dutch treat. They come hot from the fryer and include a cute wooden pick to eat them with. Don’t miss this great snack while you’re in Amsterdam.

4 Thank Jason S
“The Best Fries In The World.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every time I visit Amsterdam, I have to get me some fries from Vleminckx.

Crispy and Delicious. The best in the World. Can't recommend them enough!

Usually take my fries with plain mayo, but the green pepper mayo is delicious as well.

2 Thank Marcus M
Eau Claire, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The fries, incredible. The sauces, even better. My wife and I shared a large order. I asked the young man for a recommendation since there were many topping choices. He asked if we like spicy....we do. He added a spicy curry sauce. Unbelievable ! Highly recommended. Make the trip. We walked over a mile to get them.

1 Thank jocko23
Katy, Texas
“Fries and sauce were good, but did not warrant the long walk.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I walked from my hotel near the train station to try the fries at Vleminckx. They were definitely good fries, and the peanut satay sauce was good, but it was not worth a trip to get them. If you are near the museums and want fries, this place is probably as good or better than any other.

• 2 of 5 stars