“AMSTERDAM TASTE” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dylan

Save Saved
You added The Dylan to your Saves list
The Dylan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 384, 1016 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #25 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Prague, Czech Republic
“AMSTERDAM TASTE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wonderful hotel..I love boutique hotels.Excellent room with a magnificent design. Little bit small.
The bathroom was really chic. The shower is controlled only 2 built-cubes [fun]. Clean rooms and bathroom.
Fresh flowers in the room very pleasant and beautiful .... great sense of detail. Although the hotel without a lift but I personally do not mind .. I love amstrerdams houses. Operation reputable.
The lobby and restaurant were styled interesting. Hotel Great location .. right in the center where you can walk to the main sights or after the utilization of shipping.

Room Tip: Room to the courtyard .. calm but can slightly interfere breakfast if you have an open window. Rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Dylan Amsterdam. We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and it is great to read about your appreciation on the authenticity of our property. However, we would like to share that The Dylan has two elevators for the comfort of our guests.

We are more than happy to show you upon your next arrival.

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We enjoyed two nights at the Dylan recently , the location is excellent and the the 17th century house is very beautiful, the staff were very friendly , our room was small considering the price was over 300 euros a night, however we enjoyed our visit. Unfortunately after we left the hotel I received an email stating that we had a not been charged for a 45 euro bottle of wine from our mini bar and that my card had been debited with this amount

I emailed back immediately to say we had not drunk the bottle of wine and that I would like a refund.. I received no response for two days and finally had to call the hotel to resolve the issue

This left a very bad taste and I have to say it will mean we wont stay at the Dylan again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Mr. Tarquin B.,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, this is much appreciated.
We were glad to speak to you and that we could come to a good solution for both parties.

We were very pleased to read that you are considering The Dylan for your next Amsterdam visit as well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you next time.

Kind regards,

René Bornmann,
On behalf of The Dylan Amsterdam
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I loved our stay at the Dylan. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I love boutique hotels that still offer luxury which the Dylan provides. There is a charm about the Dylan that you don't get at a chain hotel; therefore, we got a better feel for the city. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for luxury that isn't generic. This hotel has character and charm. We will stay here again when we return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kimono Style room which was very cute but they have three other options I believe...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very delighted to read your considerate words about The Dylan.
Thank you for staying with us and we would be happy to welcome you for your next stay.

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was my second stay for business at the Dylan and I absolutely love this hotel. Beautiful, comfortable rooms, excellent location, and impeccable, personalized service. The breakfast is particularly nice, and the restaurant and bar are wonderful. I highly recommend the Dylan and will certainly return the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very enthusiastic to read your considerate words about The Dylan. It is a real motivator for us and therefore we would like to thank you for this review.

We would be very pleased to welcome you for your next stay in Amsterdam.

Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was my fourth stay at The Dylan, always for business and always for one / max two nights. In terms of position, this hotel is slap bang on one of the most beautiful and scenic old canals and has outstanding views. It is close for the tourist attractions but not terribly close for business and the traffic can be tricky at times. But in terms of location it is an A. The hotel is made up of a number of joined up old houses which gives it an authentic old Dutch feel. At the same time, this is a very recently refurbished hotel, so everything is beautifully modern, in a muted dark palette. I particularly love the winter garden (heated outside bar/garden) and the cosy bar / public lounge rooms, which have genuinely retained the feel and layout of the original houses. Breakfast was good and the lunch bar / snack foods were good. Turning to the rooms - well, they are extremely individual. I have stayed in two of the duplex rooms and they are not for the faint hearted as the bathrooms in both were up very steep stairs. That said, once up there, they are spacious and extremely well appointed - far superior for example to the Pullitzer. The decor is funky but restrained - nice touches that retain the character. If I had a few minor moans, it would be that the rooms have a tendency to be a bit dark and also there are occasional peculiar wardrobe door configurations .... Service was good - lots of enthusiastic young Dutchmen - and not offhand as it can sometimes be. All in all, I would stay here for comfort, the character of the place and the location. I prefer it personally to the Europe, Amstel and Pullitzer. (I haven't tried the Andaz).

Room Tip: The rooms are very different. I have never had a noisy one, but I did once have one which seemed to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing these thoughtful words about The Dylan Amsterdam.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and that you were satisfied with the spacious bathsrooms and the decor of the Duplex rooms.
Our staff is always very pleased to serve you and you are very welcome to stay again.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

A gem of a place situated in the heart of Amsterdam, The Dylan is quite a beautiful - but not large - well appointed hotel. The common areas and restaurants were quite tastefully done. I stayed at The Dylan during the peak period - when the IBC conference was on - but the service was exceptional. The front desk staff, as well as the staff serving breakfast were pleasant. And would highly recommend the eggs benedict. Sinful, but a must try. My only qualm was the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in my room, and being an early riser, that would have been a nice touch.

Will definitely stay at the Dylan the next time I'm in Amsterdam

Room Tip: If you're staying during conference season, avoid rooms that overlook the rear open air space as...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such thoughtful words about The Dylan Amsterdam.
We are very pleased to read that you liked the areas of the hotel and we are happy we could provide you with pleasant service.

You are always welcome to stay for a next time.

Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Sublime mix of old and new. Great service. Very nice food. Nice common areas.

Room 9 - very stylish with nice gadget features. Room 24 (suite) - so nice I could live there.

Some of the stairways are narrow with some level changes that could take you by surprise but overall - a very nice stay and whilst not cheap, I thought it good value for the high quality and exclusive feel.

Room Tip: Room 9 was nice. Room 24 was awesome
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about The Dylan Amsterdam.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in room 9 and 24.

We would be happy to welcome you for a next time.

René Bornmann

Been to The Dylan? Share your experiences!