“Amazing service; Perfect location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Dylan

Save Saved
You added The Dylan to your Saves list
The Dylan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 384, 1016 GB Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #25 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
San Antonio, Texas
“Amazing service; Perfect location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my second visit to the Dylan and my first with my wife. When navigating the stairs in our planned room, a "duplex" it became clear that my wifes recently traumatized knee would not cope. The manager was very understanding and accomodated us with what became a major upgrade to room 22 (suite) overlooking the entry coutyard. This room included your own expresso machine. The staff were all engaging, increadibly helpful and responsive. When I was awake at a very early hour and went downstairs to avoid waking my wife, they made me coffee, gratis. The location is only minutes from the centrum with all of the activity and restaurants but the Hotel serves as an oasis, particularly the central courtyard. I look forward to my next visit to Amsterdam and I hope to the Dylan,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your review. It is great that you were pleased with your stay in our suite.
We look forward to welcome you again.

René Bornmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Valletta, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at The Dylan for our honeymoon in August 2013 and the entire experience, from check in to check out, was perfect. The staff are lovely, and even though we are young newlyweds (perhaps not The Dylan's normal clientele) we were treated with courtesy and friendliness.

We chose a Double Kotura room in the old building, with a view of the courtyard, which was small but well appointed with a beautiful ensuite. The mini bar had a good espresso machine, and plenty of snacks. My favourite part of the stay (I wrote my thesis on Amsterdam tourism and have a passion for hotels, so I love these quirky extras) was our turn down treats every night - souvenir pillow cases, keychains, candies and cookies. It was always a delight to return to our room at the end of the day to these fun treats. Housekeeping was excellent, with good attention to detail. My biggest complaint about the room was that the mini bar doors refused to stay open while I made espresso - and if that's my only complaint, I'm happy.

We ate at the OCCO Brasserie two nights and were very impressed with the quality of the food, and the wine list. I would highly recommend The Dylan to honeymooners. The location is one of my favourites in the city, too.

Room Tip: If you aren't able to select a room when you book (e.g. if you book through an external web site...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad to hear that you have had such a good experience in our hotel for your honeymoon. We will be happy to welcome you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed with my mother for 2 nights at The Dylan, and we wished it was longer. You can't fault it!! The service is outstanding and the ambience and location are fantastic. We stayed in the Deluxe twin room, which was very quirky. It's in a quiet neighbourhood, but so easy to walk to everything. The Restaurants in the Hotel are excellent, so need to look anywhere else, although there are plenty of others around to try. If you decide to stay at The Dylan, you'll not regret it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way back from Ibiza and we in Room 25. This room is one of the most unique and quaint rooms I have ever stayed. The location of the hotel is in a very convenient location and you can really experience Amsterdam from a locals perspective. Vinkles was fantastic and I would highly suggest the 7-course dinner because you really get to try everything the Chef can throw at you.

The coffee shops and a local cafes were a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Room 25 is really unique and a lot of fun.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So I hesitated to book this hotel as it is only 4 stars but its part of the AMEX fine hotels and resorts so I checked out their website and it looked cool so I went for it (and not the least because of the other reviews of it on here). How happy I am that this is where we spent the end part of our Europe trip (and my boyfriend's birthday). We have stayed in more 5 star hotels around the globe than I can remember but I will place the Dylan in the top three of city hotels we've stayed at. Why? Super friendly and professional staff - there's only 40 rooms so they actually have time to care about you, and they do. Super cool and unique rooms, think contemporary luxury with a home feel to it (we had a loft suite, it was amazing but im sure their regular rooms are fab too). Super comfy beds. Amazing location right in the heart of the "boutique shopping" area and walking distance to everything else. Lots of great restaurants close by. Great breakfast buffet (including prosecco for mimosas and eggs to order - and no crowds). They do not have a gym (although a fitness room with good cardio machines) but they work with a local gym (for a small fee) that is only 5 min walk away and which is great (like Equinox). Very gay friendly although the entire city is like a rainbow flag so not very surprising. All in all an amazing stay that did not fall short of any expectations we could have had. Would absolutely stay here again and recommend to anyone going to Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Room 23 is amazing, I think it's referred to as a superior suite.
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all thanks so much for sharing this experience and for writing such an enthusiastic and positive review! This is how we like to be seen by our guests, so we are very glad you experienced it this way! Your review is shared with the team. Thank you for spreading the word and we do hope to welcome you back!
The Dylan Team
Naples, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Dylan is located right in Amsterdam within walking distance of nearly everything while being in a quiet neighborhood on one of the many canals surrounding Central Amsterdam. If you like small, boutique hotels, this one is a standout. The staff is solicitous but not intrusive, just always there when you need them.
I especially liked the outdoor courtyard for dining and/or drinks. There is also a charming small bar just beyond the reception area. Opposite this bar is a large sitting room of dark paneling and comfortable chairs with a continuous fire burning to add to the ambiance.
Breakfast in the rear dining room was visually interesting with a tall brick wall into which were set two ancient, iron doored, baking ovens - a carry over from when there was a bakery in that part of the building. It's a beautiful restoration of several old properties turned into a charming hotel.
Our room was very nicely appointed and overlooked the courtyard. The bathroom had attractive modern fixtures and a large walk-in shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this very positive review!
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially the location and the room so much. I will thank the team for the service they provided you as we expect it. Whenever you return to Amsterdam, we would be pleased to welcome you back.
The Dylan Team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you are going to Amsterdam, and you want to stay in a boutique hotel, this is it. We loved the place the staff is over the top, with there service and there attention to your needs.

Now, Amsterdam is not a lot of bang for your buck. It's a sleepy city, with not much to do but people watch. If you are not visiting the so called Coffee shops, then I would go somewhere different.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!
Much appriciated.

We wish you a lovely day and hope to welcome you here on your next visit.

Kind regards,

René Bornmann

Been to The Dylan? Share your experiences!