I was naturally concerned about past reviews, but my family and I were treated as special guests. My first commendation goes out to the concierge who was such a patient and helpful gentlemen. I wish I had remembered his name to mention for this review. He really fine-tuned sightseeing plans as well as gave thoughtful suggestions for dining. The hotel was so quiet especially for deep sleeping and wonderful bedlinens as well. Nearby restaurants,bars and liitle bistros were all within walking distance. The pool was beautiful and a nice respite from a full day of walking and sightseeing. Amsterdam I found to be a young,spirited and easily accessible city and the hotel fits the bill as a jewel on the river........
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, HotelsNL, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.