A beautiful hotel with exceptional service! From the minute we walked in we felt a higher level of class in this grand hotel. Check in was extremely pleasant and the woman who checked us in even walked us up to our room and pointed out the little extras and features of the room (including the bath tub that fills up in 2 minutes!)
The staff were extremely polite and helpful and nothing was a problem. Because we were on a different time clock we found ourselves hungry at 3:30am - which is usually a problem in Amsterdam (since things close early). We called down to room service looking for some kind of sweet snack...and within 10 minutes they delivered us a beautiful hot chocolate, biscuits, cakes and chocolate truffles. All was delicious and served promptly and politely with a smile. Not to mention they gave it to us complimentary because what we asked for was not on the menu.
Our room was beautiful and had a lovely view of the river. It was spacious and very nicely decorated. The TV/speaker system is extremely high quality, but might be a little complicated to use for some people (lucky for me, my husband is an IT wizard), but even he found it a little complicated initially. He realized that it was not wired in the best, most efficient way and spoke to the manager about offering to help them make it easier for their guests. We gave them our contact information, so we'll see if they call!
In winter this hotel is a little out of the way and is a bit of a walk or taxi ride to most things, but overall the service and staff outweigh it's slightly inconvenient location.
I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone with a budget! I should mention that we booked on points and it worked out to be a great value for us! They did not "Points Discriminate" like some other Intercontinental properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Priceline, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam