Stayed here three times now and this time splurged on a River view suite which was enormous.
This hotel is very expensive and has to be the best in Amsterdam. Its a classic Grand Hotel, that attracts an older, wealthy customer base. Its a 20 min walk at least from the centre and thats no bad thing these days. Got ripped off twice by taxi drivers changing the price once they knew where your staying. So get the hotel to book taxi's etc if you can
Service is impeccable, and linens, towels etc top class. If we are being ultra picky, I think its time for a decoration. Some of the wall papers are starting to look a tiny bit shabby.
All in all a fine, grand traditional hotel. Expensive, but you get what you pay for in life.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.