I managed to book two nights in this hotel using 80000 priority club points that I had managed to accumulate over the years. Therefore I did not have to pay a penny for my stay, I have to say that this has to be the best use of points I could ever imagine. The hotel was superb.
I had been staying in the Grand Hotel Stockholm a few weeks before visiting the Amstel and although I found the Grand Hotel Stockholm to be impressive the Amstel was in a class of its own.
The room was spacious, comfortable beds, amazing mini-bar (large bottles of spirits). The bathroom had a decent sized bath and our room had a separate shower.
I missed breakfast both times after too late a night out, but the service in the restaurant in the evening was superb. It's very pricey, but worth what you get, and thanks to using points to book the hotel it gave us plenty of money to enjoy the restaurant.
It's located on the river, with excellent views. The only problem with this hotel is the price is normally out of my price range and I don't like using points every time I stay at a particular hotel, I like to reward the best hotels. I'll look out for deals the next time I stay.
I've stayed in some nice hotels in Amsterdam, The Grand Sofitel used to be a favourite before trying the Amstel. For earning Priority Club points there's a Crowne Plaza in the city centre that's also fairly decent and reasonably priced. The Crowne Plaza and The Grand are both more centrally located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam