I have visited Amsterdam many times and stayed in most of the top rated hotel but the Amstel is by far the best...It is a classically designed and furnished with almost museum like attention to detail...Rooms are spacious and the hotel has good business and fitness facilities...For a Continental European Hotel and the service fom the staff and concierge team is excellent...The restaurant, La Rive, was very good and is supposedley the best in the city (I believe it)
My one word of caution about the hotel is the fact that it is not centrally located...It is probably a 20 minute walk to the cental sights but, because of that, is a sea of tranquility in a very hectic city. When I go back to Amsterdam I will only stay in this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel
- Intercontinental Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline, HotelsNL, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.