We recently stayed here for 2 nights using unclaimed hotel points and wow are we glad we did. The staff were friendly and helpful, the location is ideal ... right next to the Amstel river, near a metro station and a 30 minute walk into the centre.
Our hotel room was on two levels, bathroom upstairs and bedroom downstairs, both were extremely clean and spacious. Tea and coffee making facilities were available as well as a turn down service at the end of the day.
If you stay at this hotel make sure you visit the Pool and Spa. Wow the view onto the river is amazing. You can enjoy a nice relax on the loungers whilst either ordering food to be brought to you or enjoying the complimentary drinks, fruits and nuts.
We would 100% stay here again and recommend it to friends and family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam