We have just returned from another spectacular visit to The Amstel. While we enjoy our stays there year round, we wanted to mention to those still considering a summer visit to Amsterdam that this is the BEST place to enjoy the summer scene in the city. After a busy day touring, we relaxed on the pool terrace chaises adjacent to the canal, waving to the pleasure boaters motoring by. Before dinner we enjoyed the canalside A Bar terrace upstairs for a cocktail before heading out to dinner.
It is the best spot in the summer, hands down!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam