This is the best Intercontinental I know: despite their luxury branding I generally find them somewhere between 4 and 4.5, never quite 5 but Amstel is a true luxury hotel. Very historic hotel, classic rooms (love the blue wallpaper), great food and service. Love the location on the river, very centrally located. I'm a bit bored with protracted michelin star dinners so didn't try their main restaurant but it's hard to find a better spot on a sunny day than river-facing Amstel Terraces. If you want classic luxury no need to research further, this is the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Otel, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam