We've stayed in many Amsterdam hotels, but the experience at the Amstel is unique. From its beautiful Atrium with views of the canal where high tea is a world-class experience, to the well-appointed rooms and service, it is the kind of experience that let's you know that you are in Amsterdam's most rarefied hotel. The staff seemed to all know our names, a feat only achieved successfully at the Beverly Hills Hotel, and Hong Kong's Peninsula...all others try, but they fall far short.
We found even the food prepared for room service to have the hallmarks of utmost care, and our children enjoyed spending their mornings at the atrium, watching the boats along the canal. The paparazzi at the main entrance were managed so well that the celebrities were not delayed coming in or going out, something that is not always the case in other hotels of this caliber.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam