To say the hotel is 5 star, is cutting it short. The view, the staff, the food. Anything I asked for magically happened. The driver that picked us up, Duncan the concierge, the doorman Marcos. All were like they came from central casting. I called for a bucket of ice, and within 4 minutes, it was at my door. It is a lively hotel on the weekends, and lots to watch from your balcony window. Beautiful rooms, and anything you need or want avaliable. There was a wedding on Saturday evening, and our room was just over the patio by the canal, so for a few hours it was noisy, but the view made up for that. And on Sunday we got a parade of constant locals on canal boats having a great time enjoying The spring weather with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam