The Amstel is an impressive combination of style, comfort, excellent food and welcoming service. The staff a are quietly friendly, keen to help and English-speaking. Rooms are well and attractively furnished; the beds very comfortable. It says a lot about the high performance standards of the hotel that the only faults experienced in a 3 day stay were the absence of a napkin on the breakfast trolley one morning, the presence of an empty jam pot among the selection of full ones presented, and clean but unpolished lavatory floor tiles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam