We stayed for a romantic weekend. It is a historical landmark hotel with a modern twist, beautiful grand entrance, valet parking, lovely fresh flowers everywhere. Beautiful gym looking over the Amstel river. Walking distance from the fantastic Rijksmuseum and van Gogh museum and shopping area.
We had a small but very comfortable room, decorated with a Dutch twist. Very good bed and bed linen, large bathroom, great towels, fantastic minibar. Dinner at Restaurant La Rive was also good. Breakfast was outstanding.
Personnel at breakfast and dinner was young and not that experienced, but very kind, to us it was refreshing. Breakfast floor manager was openly concerned about the performance of young colleagues. Not so elegant and no need for. Overall personnel was very friendly, but did miss a bit of extra charm that would fit this historic hotel.
A cool bar would be a welcome addition to this old grand lady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam