The InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam hotel in Amsterdam is one of the few hotels in the world that look like more like a government secretariat building than a hotel. The location on the banks of the Amstel River gives a feeling of a very large floating cruise boat. The amenities are top of the line befitting a good five star hotel. The defining elements of the hotel are the decorations depicting the styles of the Victorian era and a fabulous restaurant sporting a terrace from where diners can enjoy a grand view of the river. The hotel has a rich legacy having started n the year 1867. Several restaurants and bars are available on-site that provide excellent Mediterranean fare and choice of wines along with great views of the river and the historic city of Amsterdam. The location is just right with the Royal Palace, Dam Square and Leidse Square as well as the museums close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam