Great older building that is beautifully maintained and impeccably staffed. The service here was excellent, and while some spaces can seem a bit tight (as is typical for older hotels), other areas such as the gym far surpass what you would expect to find. We had both of rooms upgraded to suites (a nice touch seeing as they were only obligated to upgrade me as a Royal Ambassador, not my colleague), which were very spacious and well appointed.
Best of all is the location. Just around the corner through the Frederiksplein park is a nice street full of good bars and restaurants. It's an easy walk through the city to the flower market or city center, yet you're just far enough away that you don't have the crowds/drunks that fill up the red light district at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam