We had 1 night in Amsterdam and decided to spend it in the city rather than the airport. The train from Schipol was easy and inexpensive. We arrived at 9:30 AM. Luckily our room was ready. They said we were upgraded to a suite but I am not sure it was an upgrade. I had prepaid for a jr suite on the canal. The room we received was large and very comfortable, but on the street with only a slight view of the canal. It was still a good room as we could watch the activity of the town. If you want a quieter room I would suggest insisting on a canal room. The room had a very large bath room with seperate tub and shower and heated towel rack. The pool was very nice with a coffee, tea, and juice service adjacent. The gym was small but well equipped. The location is very convient to both Central and the tram. Excellent breakfast which I added to my reservation when I booked the room. I think it was a better deal than paying at the restaurant. All and all it was an excellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam