My partner and I stayed at the InterContinental Amstel for 2 nights in October. We are Priority Club platinum card holders and the stay was booked on points.
I was in town to run the Amsterdam marathon and we always try to stay at InterContinental hotels where possible and this one did not disappoint.
The building itself is stunning - inside and out - and it is located in a nice part of town with one side directly on the canal. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite on the canal side which was a great way to start the trip.
Our room was big, airy and had all the amenities one would expect, including an Illy coffee machine.
I was in town to run the Amsterdam marathon and the staff at the hotel really went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The manager set up a hand written note to wish me luck (along with a couple Redbulls to “give me wings”) and the night before the race, the restaurant pulled together a custom order of spaghetti & meatballs, a classic pre-race meal. My partners family had organized for a bottle of champagne to be sent to my room post race and the hotel pulled this off in a very classy way.
The hotel has very nice options for drinking, dining and high tea, and in the summer months, the patio on the canal would be hard to beat.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is first class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam