A romantic break to Amsterdam was ruined by the receptionist at this supposedly top Dutch hotel.
I booked the much more expensive executive "river view" room to spoil my wife with our stay in Amsterdam.
Also to mention this is low season with low occupancy in mid November
The receptionist allocated a room next to elevator on 1st floor with a "view" of the river blocked by roof of an extension room below us, and our room position on top op their club disco, which has bass drums booming into our room until very late.
I am a loyalty programme member of this hotel chain.
Reception could not have chosen to put us in a worst position in this hotel.
My question is "Why"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam